I don't consider this a build cause It was already "built", but if you must transfer or close this thread so be it.

That being said Here is my Baxter Prick Bass, A squier affinity body (To be stained) with 2 P pickups (squier), a cover on the back one, independet volume and tone for both, and a dual mono output, with switch to allow both pickups on one, or neck on one and bridge on the other. Will be finished in a Polyshades satin walnut, to match the poorly refinished neck.

To those who have read, creeped etc my threads this is the coming together of my dream, of a bass that's got the rick and fender style mixed, and allows me two run two amps at once for a rich sound of low and fuzzed out (sometimes) high and mid.

By the way baxter is my middle name and seems to fit where fender would so it'll go on the head stock as such BAXTER
Prick Bass
Attachments:
photo(7).JPG
photo(25).JPG
did you put any new pickups in? or did you just add pots and such? the switching sounds cool, not something ive seen very often. hope its everything you dreamed of when its all stained and finished haha
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Well, It has the original pickup and then a P style bridge pup, in the lee sklar style. I am covering it to make it more rick like. Most bassists in bands I like use a P or a Rick, and I took the parts I find most important in both and mashed them together. A rick has 2 pickups, and independent tone and volume as well as the stereo option. P has that thick tone but limited to the one spot. By opting for the fender body (squier) I can cheaply combine what I think is most important from both to get the bass I want most for doom, or really anything. Since like you bassman I don't believe in wood being part of the equation, it's really down to pickups, and wiring. They both have the same scale to my knowledge and I'll be poly coating the fretboard.
oooh very nice. sounds effin sweet if you ask me. i wish i thought this much when i put new electronics in my bass aha i was a kid and had a fat wallet so i just bought what i felt like lol. it ended well.

anyways, defly get some pics up and maybe a sound clip or 2 when it's all done. sick mods dude.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Thanks, always like trying something new. Speaking of which, you seem interested in projects. I am trying to make a beat box thing out of a cigar box. I will be using piezo buzzers and a home made pre amp. Basically my idea is one hand can provide the bass and tom effect by thumping and tapping, the other could provide a snare/rattle or bell/cymbal my issue now is figuring out how to make a convincing snare etc sound on the small scale. best idea yet is a mini altoid can with bb's mounted to the inside. Any ideas? And yes pics and sound clips on the bass for sure every step
jeeze haha sounds like a good time. i dont have any use for a beat box or else id sample this out myself haha snare hmm? an old butter container filled with jello.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
snare hmm? an old butter container filled with jello.

Care to enlighten me on that one?
lol yano like an old butter container, prolly filled with toilet paper as a damper.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful