I have had a lot of pressure from people that I know that I should get a Facebook. So tell me people, should I get a Facebook, or not? What are the pros and cons?
I'm glad I made one. I'm a lot more connected to all my friends and I talk to people I would never talk to otherwise, as I never see them, but it will also suck your life away as you continually refresh the homepage expecting status updates.
vgdryg4rgogvawkv km;

there thats
what i meant
to say
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Last edited by tortilla at Jun 11, 2011,
It's a fucking internet profile man. Try it, and if you don't like it, just leave.
Can't hurt.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
It's good for organizing events and stalking really. All I have it for TBH.
I get to talk to friends more easily and more often and I don't have deal with anyone I don't want to. There are basically no cons as long as you do it right
Pros, when you meet a girl at a party and she says "I'll facebook you when I get home", you don't look like a ****ing wierdo when you say you're not on it. There are literally no cons to having a Facebook account. People who don't have Facebook are hipster twats.
If you do make a facebook, use a different username than you do every where else on the internet, especially if like me, you've said some pretty stupid things in various places.
let me break it down for you. its something kinda interesting to do when you are bored. its fun to post videos from youtube and its fun to read about what people did, if its interesting. but overall get one. you are obviously on ug so you are probably bored a lot on the cpu. it wont hurt.
Quote by Pancho Villa
But what do you actually do? just talk?

Not being smart but to really get the experience, you have to set it up. Depending on your social group it can be quite different.
Quote by Våd Hamster
It's a fucking internet profile man. Try it, and if you don't like it, just leave.

^^what he said

Even if you don't use it you might as well have one. Or if you hate it just delete it, it's not like you're a social outcast if you don't have one.

Quote by Pancho Villa
But what do you actually do? just talk?

You can update statuses on whatever you're doing or the shit that you're thinking about, organize events, IM chat with people, send private messages, keep up with things you like (like bands, TV shows, whatever), etc.

It's pretty handy but you could definitely live without it.
Last edited by goldmember1217 at Jun 11, 2011,
You can use facebook chat like any other kind of instant messenger, plan events, see what friends are doing and make comments on their thoughts and activities, write on walls instead of texting or something, see pictures from events, upload videos and comment on other videos and pictures, share your interests and see the interests of others, and a lot of other stuff. It basically makes it feel like you're part of a more connected and closer community of friends, especially with people you don't see in person often and you can keep up with what they're doing without calling or visiting them. That's how it is for me, anyway.
Last edited by D&DLover at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by WhiskeyFace
What do you mean pros and cons? It's not like you have to give up anything to register. It's just a social networking site. If you don't like it just don't go back onto it ...

Better watch out..
The second you join "facebook" your soul burns up in front of your eyes and your a shell of a pathetic human clone afterwords.

(jk, i have fb)
If you make that big of a deal about it, you probably shouldn't do it. For both your sake and others'.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I find it disturbing that you can't even make a decision as simple as this on your own. How do you make it through the day without your brain overloading?
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I find it disturbing that you can't even make a decision as simple as this on your own. How do you make it through the day without your brain overloading?

What this guy said.

It's just a website. You know how you signed up here? Just do the same thing there. You're making too big a deal out of it.
I love it. It allows me to look at old school friends who are pregnant, poor and generally failing life without having to making it discreet.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by willT08
People who don't have Facebook are hipster twats.

Bet you wish there was an option for people to Like that. Some people have better shit to do than sit around looking at posts of people's daily minutiae and "Let's pretend that airplanes in the night skies are shooting stars." I don't have a Facebook account because everybody in my town that has one acts like a goddamn idiot on theirs, so I'm quite happy not dealing with it.

OT: It's probably a good way to keep in touch with your friends and set things up with people, but it's also full of people acting like retards, pointless updates, and besides consuming a lot of your time, is actually quite invasive in your web browsing.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19029_6-things-social-networking-sites-need-to-stop-doing.html

Cracked is a comedy site, but their articles are researched, and this one shows a lot of the ways that Facebook follows you around and generally makes it hard to opt out if you decide you don't want it. It's a bit harder than "just not going back."

Any which way, it's up to you, and even though I don't like it and don't have one and am perfectly fine with that, I'm not saying you shouldn't get one; just trying to give some perspective. If you get it and don't stick around, make sure it actually gets and stays deleted.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
What do you mean pros and cons? It's not like you have to give up anything to register. It's just a social networking site. If you don't like it just don't go back onto it ...

what about kip drordy?
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Pancho, you killed my great-great-grandfather.

Why?
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Facebook is pathetic, who cares what people do in there daily lives. Sad. Why don't you just ring or even crazier go see your friends. Don't be pathetic
Quote by The9
Facebook is pathetic, who cares what people do in there daily lives. Sad. Why don't you just ring or even crazier go see your friends. Don't be pathetic

Quote by Våd Hamster

This

How did you get .f ucking in?
It's a good site. Let's you talk to people, organize events, etc. Even if you don't use it much, it is still useful. If you are concerned about privacy, just be smart about it. You can adjust privacy settings and such yourself. As for info getting out, it isn't that big of a deal. You submit information that you want to submit. Personally I hardly use any third party apps (games, quizzes, other stuff) because I don't want my info out there and I don't see much point in them.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK