Page 1 of 10
So a female friend of mine asked me to go on the slutwalk http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/thousands-march-to-change-outdated-attitudes-on-sexuality-2296475.html, but does anyone know if guys normally walk as well? My friend was raped when she was a teenager by some guy so im going to give her support.

Also what do you think of this..do you think its ironic that hundreds of girls dressed like sluts will get guys attention in the street?
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Jun 11, 2011,
Every single day is a slutwalk for me.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
So a female friend of mine asked me to go on the slutwalk http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/thousands-march-to-change-outdated-attitudes-on-sexuality-2296475.html, but does anyone know if guys normally walk as well? My friend was raped when she was a teenager by some guy so im going to give her support.

Also what do you think of this..do you think its ironic that hundreds of girls dressed like sluts will get guys attention in the street?

Where is this again?

>_>
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

No. In fact, I think it's quite unironic. Lrn2definitionironic
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Every single day is a slutwalk for me.

I pray for men, that you are female.

TS: this slutwalk crap is rubbish, the point their making has no relation to the message their trying to promote. Im pretty sure that made sense?
Quote by smokeysteve22

TS: this slutwalk crap is rubbish, the point their making has no relation to the message their trying to promote. Im pretty sure that made sense?

Of course!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by smokeysteve22

"We have a right to wear whatever the hell want without fear of rape." I'm pretty sure the Slut Walk relates to the message perfectly well.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

wat
They have a stupid point, the policeman said that women should not dress that way so that they will not get raped, and yet women only dress that way to get attention. It's the women's faults (as always) they shouldn't be out walking, they should be inside making me a sammich.
Yeah, most rape victims are wearing sweats.

Wear what you want, girls, only makes you look up for it!
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
"We have a right to wear whatever the hell want without fear of rape." I'm pretty sure the Slut Walk relates to the message perfectly well.

Yeah i worded that completely wrong
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

I've had people(all women of course) misconstrue the message and suddenly think the walk stands for, "I have the right to wear whatever the hell I want, and you better not think of me as a slut for it, or for that matter, even notice if I'm wearing revealing clothing because if you even look at me I'm going to scream about how big of a feminist I am."

Kind of waters down a legitimate issue don't you think?
oh wow another women's empowerment movement...why do they try so hard?
The future is no place to place your better days
Quote by UraniYum
State your case. I've stated mine.

That you, or so it would appear at least, think that wearing revealing clothes "makes you look up for it" [rape] is quite enough, thanks.
Quote by wizards?
Rape is a pretty legitimate problem bud...
And miniskirts are the sign of a well-adjusted individual?

State your case for how slutwalk is helping.

^I also stated the statistic that most women raped are wearing sweats.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group

This is going to devolve into a flamefest.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Not really, there's some fellas who believe in empowerment. They don't really know what it means.

Moral of the story is, revealing clothes will make builders shout at you. Has shit-all to do with rape. This 'slutwalk' is just boring.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum
And miniskirts are the sign of a well-adjusted individual?

State your case for how slutwalk is helping.

It's making the issue known which is good. It's combating the idea that if a woman dresses provocatively, she must want to get busy with anyone that will have her. If anyone thinks that just because a woman(or man for that matter) dresses a bit revealingly that it's their fault that they get raped, then I worry for your sanity. Yes dressing that way attracts attention, but it's of a different kind entirely.
Wait, so the women are dressing in clothes that are skimpy because they feel they should be able to wear clothes like that without being more likely to get raped?

That seems pointless, because as far as I'm aware it doesn't make you more likely to get raped. The people who propagate that filth are the chauvinistic bastards who they should be pressuring in the first place. But maybe I'm not understanding this properly.
Okay, analogy time. If I walk away from my car and leave it unlocked, with the keys in the ignition, have I acted wisely? Nope, I'm obviously an idiot in this scenario. So if somebody steals the car, is it my fault? Nope. Not even a little bit. It's the fault of whoever committed the crime.

If a woman is walking down the street in ****-me heels, a miniskirt and a bikini top in the middle of the night, is she behaving wisely? No, she's as stupid as I was in that last analogy. So if somebody rapes her, is it maybe partially her fault? No. Absolutely not. Committing a horrible crime is not okay just because somebody made it easier for you. That's like saying it was okay to murder somebody because they didn't wear a bulletproof vest. If you wave around your hundred dollar bills and diamond jewelery in front of a guy with a gun and a t-shirt that says "I Steal Things," he still has to make the decision to rob you, and it's still entirely his fault.

The point of the Slutwalk is that no matter how a woman--or a man, for that matter--is dressed, if you rape her or him, it's still one hundred percent totally your fault. If you think a girl dressing sluttily is an excuse to rape her, you don't deserve to call yourself a human being--you need to be locked up for the good of society as a whole, because when the alien overlords return and find you living among us, they'll judge us all for your survival and burn the planet into a crusty asteroid.

Unfortunately, they're really not doing a good job of connecting the event to the point, in my opinion. I doubt that the Slutwalk will ever have any kind of influence on anybody at all, or at least not the desired one. It's kind of a waste of time. But I approve on principle.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by wizards?
It's making the issue known which is good. It's combating the idea that if a woman dresses provocatively, she must want to get busy with anyone that will have her. If anyone thinks that just because a woman(or man for that matter) dresses a bit revealingly that it's their fault that they get raped, then I worry for your sanity. Yes dressing that way attracts attention, but it's of a different kind entirely.
K, deconstructing your post.

Why does this woman dress provocatively?

I've been to a gay bar in hot pants, don't give me that shit.

Clothes make a difference. Dispute that.

Don't worry for my sanity, worry for your overwhelming political correctness.

Forget it, Aelion just summed it up perfectly. I'd rather steal a Ferrari than a Kia though.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Last edited by UraniYum at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by UraniYum

Do you think conservative clothes will stop a rapist?
Quote by due 07
Do you think conservative clothes will stop a rapist?
For the third time, most rape victims are wearing sweats.

The two issues are completely divided. Clothes mean feck-all.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum

It's to attract attention and possibly meet someone. Wearing a miniskirt or a tube top isn't an, "open for business" sign, it's more of a way of showing that you have something worth showing off. And of course clothes make a difference, at least to guys. Put two girls next to each other, one in sweats and a hoodie, the other in tight, revealing clothing, which would you chat up?

It's more of an issue about people thinking that if a girl dresses provocatively, she deserves what's coming to her. Sorry, but I don't think anyone asks to get raped. No means no and all that jazz.
Quote by wizards?
It's to attract attention
I'd certainly march for a cause that made men wear mankinis.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum
For the third time, most rape victims are wearing sweats.

The two issues are completely divided. Clothes mean feck-all.
Exactly. The Slutwalk is aimed at showing people who say girls are "asking for it" by dressing a little more provocatively.