Page 1 of 4
Well Pit, I'm officially THAT guy. the one in high school that wimps out of doing things that involve drugs.

I was at my friends graduation party, and after it was over we decided to follow another friend of ours to go get high. I'm straightedge so I wasn't actually going to smoke, but I did want to hang out with my friends. I thought we would just be going to his house, which I didn't have a problem with, so I followed. It turns out we were going to some random park and going into this back trail to get high. Basically, once we got there and I was made aware of what was going on, I grew a vagina and hopped in my car and drove away, because I don't drink or do drugs. Now, as I'm at home with nothing to do, I'm asking myself this question Pit:

Why am I such a pussy when it comes to this type of thing?

why do I always have to run away and not just ball up and push through it? Why can't I grow up?

Also, if you're gonna be ridiculous, you're really not helping.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by lespaul1216
Why can't I grow up?

People who think they're grown up go for that stuff. People who really are grown up know to get a life and stay away.
Quote by lespaul1216
Well Pit, I'm officially THAT guy. the one in high school that wimps out of doing things that involve drugs.

I was at my friends graduation party, and after it was over we decided to follow another friend of ours to go get high. I'm straightedge so I wasn't actually going to smoke, but I did want to hang out with my friends. I thought we would just be going to his house, which I didn't have a problem with, so I followed. It turns out we were going to some random park and going into this back trail to get high. Basically, once we got there and I was made aware of what was going on, I grew a vagina and hopped in my car and drove away, because I don't drink or do drugs. Now, as I'm at home with nothing to do, I'm asking myself this question Pit:

Why am I such a pussy when it comes to this type of thing?

why do I always have to run away and not just ball up and push through it? Why can't I grow up?

Also, if you're gonna be ridiculous, you're really not helping.

You just lost whatever respect I had for you by using that term.
you're a stone fox
Who the **** cares, man.

If you're not into that shit that's up to you. Anyone that thinks less of you because of it is pathetic.
I fail to see the issue to avoiding something harmful.

I was about to get hit by a bus.
I moved.
Damn.

?!?!
@Saint78: yeah, that's generally a risk you take.

@Cb4rabid: you're absolutely right
Quote by asator

Quote by lespaul1216

Well you just brushed that off, respect regained.
you're a stone fox
Quote by applebees

I moved.
Damn.

?!?!

it isn't the avoiding something harmful it's not having the nerve to step the smallest bit out of my comfort zone
Quote by asator

I smoke quite often and enjoy it, but I think that if you don't want to smoke you shouldn't. It doesn't make you a pussy to say no, you would be more of a pussy if you did something you didn't want to do just because your friends are doing it. Don't smoke unless you want to.
Quote by lespaul1216
it isn't the avoiding something harmful it's not having the nerve to step the smallest bit out of my comfort zone

Basically you just told your friends "Nah, fuck that shit," and walked now that takes balls.
you're a stone fox
Quote by applebees

I moved.
Damn.

?!?!

except in this situation, the bus is made of chocolate pudding and ho-hos. so you really missed out.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
You might just have a false perception in your mind of drugs being bad. Just because you don't personally choose to partake doesn't mean they are inherently 'bad'. If this ever happens again, I'd recommend just making it seem very casual in your head. You don't have to personally do them, but if you want to stick around with your friends you'll have to make some psychological adjustments.

You're telling me that you're a loser because you didn't get stoned out of your head at a park.

Want to grow up? Make your own decisions in life. If you decide that something isn't for you then don't do it. Simple as that.

And how about showing women a little more respect by not equating every perceived negative quality you have as a feminine trait? eg. "I grew a vagina"
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Quote by lespaul1216

There's nothing wrong with NOT doing something illegal and "cool" or whatever, but sometimes, you just have to let loose. Nobody said you had to smoke pot constantly, just do it once with your bros and relax. You looked alot worse by walking away and selling everybody out on a night of fun.

Trust your fellow brotato chips, they know what they're doing.
pinga
Quote by lespaul1216

Well by saying you're straight edge it implies you don't want to. So I figured you had something against it, not just the fact you hadn't done anything contrary to that yet.
Quote by Saint78
You just lost whatever respect I had for you by using that term.

This
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by sandyman323
People who think they're grown up go for that stuff. People who really are grown up know to get a life and stay away.

the truth, this man speaks.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Get over it. If you wanna hang out with these people who are doing these things harden up and handle the fact that you're gonna be exposed to it and be around it. You can be around it without doing it, and that's about all I can say because I can't get passed the "straightedge" bullshit.. THAT's why you can't grow up, because you base your life around some ******y tag.
Quote by applebees
Well by saying you're straight edge it implies you don't want to. So I figured you had something against it, not just the fact you hadn't done anything contrary to that yet.

i stated that even if i went with them i wasn't going to smoke. I'm straightedge because I have A LOT of moral principles against drugs. In my head I just can't seem to remember why I chose to abandon my friends
Quote by asator

Saying no takes more balls then just going to "chiiiiiiiill"
you're a stone fox
Quote by lespaul1216
i stated that even if i went with them i wasn't going to smoke. I'm straightedge because I have A LOT of moral principles against drugs. In my head I just can't seem to remember why I chose to abandon my friends

Well if you really do have a lot against it then you should feel proud that you can stand up to what you feel is wrong and have the presence of mind to remove yourself from the situation before you give into peer pressure.
you can not do drugs and still have the nerve to be around people that do drugs. there's my issue.
Quote by asator

Quote by sandyman323

This. What did you do wrong. You didn't give up your stance because of some peer pressure. Whats so wrong with that?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by lespaul1216
What moral principles do you have against drugs, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't do many drugs. Not for any moral reason, I just don't feel the desire.
Quote by lespaul1216
you can not do drugs and still have the nerve to be around people that do drugs. there's my issue.

Maybe this means you should find people to hang around who don't do drugs. Especially when they know you're there and you don;t want to.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
except in this situation, the bus is made of chocolate pudding and ho-hos. so you really missed out.

Quote by due 07
What moral principles do you have against drugs, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't do many drugs. Not for any moral reason, I just don't feel the desire.

drugs have had a very bad impact on my family. i'm not going into details at the moment. Not because I don't want to, but because I don't feel I need to.
Quote by asator

I have hung out with people when they smoked/drank when I didn't. It's no big deal, they didn't care. Except I don't think I would hang out with them out in public because if they get caught, you get caught too. I have more respect for people that don't do it because their friends are, they are the ones with the balls to say no to their friends.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
It takes balls to say no to drugs when everyone else is doing it. What I don't get it why you drove away. You guys still could have hung out afterwards.
Quote by lespaul1216

You got away from a situation that could get you in legal trouble. I see no problem here.

Quote by Saint78
Basically you just told your friends "Nah, fuck that shit," and walked now that takes balls.

+1
from doing drugs everyday since my drug virginity....do them when you want. please? dont do anything until you feel like that single time is the time that you were supposed to
Quote by Lost Dog
It takes balls to say no to drugs when everyone else is doing it. What I don't get it why you drove away. You guys still could have hung out afterwards.

maybe you haven't noticed, but that's sort of what the whole thread is about. this is the decision i'm most embarassed by
Quote by asator

Quote by lespaul1216

Consider it a logic thing. They might get busted, you might get busted. It's not a big deal, dude. I don't particularly like hanging out with my friends when they use, either. I don't even let people drink at my house unless they're twenty one.
Quote by Baba O'Riley
You're telling me that you're a loser because you didn't get stoned out of your head at a park.

Want to grow up? Make your own decisions in life. If you decide that something isn't for you then don't do it. Simple as that.

And how about showing women a little more respect by not equating every perceived negative quality you have as a feminine trait? eg. "I grew a vagina"

You're quite the crusader. If I call you a clown, is that okay? Because I have the utmost respect for Bozo, Shakes, the Joker, Krusty, etc.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jun 11, 2011,
Quote by butterfingers30
I have hung out with people when they smoked/drank when I didn't. It's no big deal, they didn't care. Except I don't think I would hang out with them out in public because if they get caught, you get caught too. I have more respect for people that don't do it because their friends are, they are the ones with the balls to say no to their friends.

not really. like yeah, a dick cop could arrest and charge each and every person there for a few joints, but it wouldnt ever hold up in court. you have to have it on your person while a cop searches you or the cop needs to see holding it/attempting to discard it. i suppose the cop could lie if he was a big enough of a tool bag, but generally only one person will get arrested and thats whoever is holding or has it when the cop walks up. or unless its your car or house then youre to blame by default unless someone else fesses up and takes the blame.

but pretty much yes to the rest of the post. i had a good friend in college that never drank or did any drugs but he would hang out with us all the time when we were. there was nothing weird or awkward about it. sometimes people would ask him if he wanted a beer or something and ask why when he said no, but that was about it. no one thought any less or differently of him because he didnt.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
^legal trouble? hahahaha you must not live in california

edit: that was directed to the young fellow above my previous post

There's nothing wrong with NOT doing something illegal and "cool" or whatever, but sometimes, you just have to let loose. Nobody said you had to smoke pot constantly, just do it once with your bros and relax. You looked alot worse by walking away and selling everybody out on a night of fun.

Trust your fellow brotato chips, they know what they're doing.

Not even close. Drugs are a personal choice, if you don't wanna do them, then thats up to you.

You just said, **** it,no i wont smoke and left. The real pussy move is giving in to per pressure.

I'm not going to debate wether it's good or bad to use cause a few UG'ers do use and it would cause arguments but i have a similar situation. My Gf and I hang out with her friends. We are straightedged, no drugs and everything but they do. We compromise, we hang out clean then we do our own thing and they do theirs. You can still be friends if you don't use. If they think less of you, just picture them at the cash at walmart in a few years or McDick's Drive Thru.
It's NEVER Lupus
My Gear:
2010 Fender Highway One strat
2010 Epi Les Paul Standard
2005 Squier p bass
2007 Yamaha F310
2011 Epiphone Korina Firebird
2013 Hudson Telecaster
Kustom Quad 200 (4x12)
Fender frontman 212r
Quote by joshmckinnon
Not even close. Drugs are a personal choice, if you don't wanna do them, then thats up to you.

You just said, **** it,no i wont smoke and left. The real pussy move is giving in to per pressure.

I'm not going to debate wether it's good or bad to use cause a few UG'ers do use and it would cause arguments but i have a similar situation. My Gf and I hang out with her friends. We are straightedged, no drugs and everything but they do. We compromise, we hang out clean then we do our own thing and they do theirs. You can still be friends if you don't use. If they think less of you, just picture them at the cash at walmart in a few years or McDick's Drive Thru.

okay, they're not meth addicts here. they just smoke weed and drink on occasion. i'm actually not the only straightedge one out of my friends. i was the only straightedge one there, though
Quote by asator

Quote by NoLaurelTree000
not really. like yeah, a dick cop could arrest and charge each and every person there for a few joints, but it wouldnt ever hold up in court. you have to have it on your person while a cop searches you or the cop needs to see holding it/attempting to discard it. i suppose the cop could lie if he was a big enough of a tool bag, but generally only one person will get arrested and thats whoever is holding or has it when the cop walks up. or unless its your car or house then youre to blame by default unless someone else fesses up and takes the blame.

but pretty much yes to the rest of the post. i had a good friend in college that never drank or did any drugs but he would hang out with us all the time when we were. there was nothing weird or awkward about it. sometimes people would ask him if he wanted a beer or something and ask why when he said no, but that was about it. no one thought any less or differently of him because he didnt.

Constructive possession. He might not actually get charged with anything or convicted of anything, but his parents would probably be made aware of it if he's underage. He might get into trouble with them.

The law also changes in different jurisdictions.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 4