I've been in the market for a new cab and I've been looking for a cab with v30's, but I was recently offered a deal on a avatar cab loaded with Eminence Red Coat Red Fangs.

Was wondering if anyone knew about these things and if they are close to v30s or possibly even better?

Thanks!
well the red fangs are eminences take on the celestion alnico blue. so they're completely different from the v30, which is a more modern-voiced, ceramic speaker.

the red fangs are worth more (well they are in europe, anyway, they're worth about double what a v30 is worth).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was under the impression that the Eminence Red Coats have a distinct mid-range hump, whereas the Patriots have a distinct scoop?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
ya but distinct mid range hump is different then crappy speaker that might as well be a mid range tweeter.

op, if you play chugga chugga chugga grab the v30s...anything else grab the red fangs

keep in mind that the red fangs are only 30 watt speakers though.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya but distinct mid range hump is different then crappy speaker that might as well be a mid range tweeter.

Ah? Dude, I don't get what you're saying here.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Ah? Dude, I don't get what you're saying here.

too much mids!?!?!

actually, the problem is putting v30s in everything...

they sound great if used in moderation.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
too much mids!?!?!

This
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
if the red fangs are worth more, i'd be tempted to grab that cab and flip the speakers to buy a v30 and a g12k100. but that's just me.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^ yeah... just bear in mind, i'm only familiar with european pricing- there mightn't be as big a difference in the pricing in the US.

Quote by AcousticMirror
too much mids!?!?!

+1

i thought newer red fangs were rated at 50W? Don't know if they've changed the specs or just revised their ratings... but from what i've heard eminence ratings aren't as conservative as celestion, so...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?