I need help to tame this beast. Im getting way to much head room and it just booooom. Whats a good vol to play at live shows? pedals i run a ocd and baby boom fuz
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
had one once...

i am unsure of what you are asking, but i will assume it is the same issue everyone else had: the deville is loud as hell at 2 or 3 (on a 12 point scale). the reason for this is Fender got cheap and decided to not use a log taper pot for the volume (like every other amp in the world).

the good fix is to replace the volume pot with a log taper pot.

the kinda-usable fix is to replace the V2 preamp tube (the small tube in the middle) with a 12AT-7 or a 12AY-7. if that is not good enough, then place the V1 preamp tube (the one furthest from the power tubes) with the same type of tube. this is not the best fix, but it does help tame the volume on your amp.

edit: or what greeny posted, that has the right pot in it. run it in the effects loop.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Get your Deville modded with the Omega mod. I have mine and they replace the volume pot with an actually usable one and rework the drive channels to sound AMAZING. Look into it!
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Get your Deville modded with the Omega mod. I have mine and they replace the volume pot with an actually usable one and rework the drive channels to sound AMAZING. Look into it!

site? and price?

i got a vol box. same thing. Run it through effects loop? How does this set up. i use pedals. can u give a step by step how to hook up the vol box.

also changing the tubes would realistic and cheap. But how much of a difference would it make and where can i buy tubes at.

also what do i put my vol dials at? when i got vol box hooked up? I also only use clean channel and then for gain i use my pedals.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Jun 12, 2011,
Quote by silly6-string
site? and price?

i got a vol box. same thing. Run it through effects loop? How does this set up. i use pedals. can u give a step by step how to hook up the vol box.

fx send -> input of vol box -> output vol box -> fx recieve

Quote by silly6-string
also changing the tubes would realistic and cheap. But how much of a difference would it make and where can i buy tubes at.

lots of places, you can go to guitarcenter or find a website like eurotubes.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae