sup !
its time for me to choose my first electric and i need some help as to which to buy.

ive narrowed it down to these two guitars

Epiphone SG special
http://www.rockshop.co.nz/04/shop/product-full-page.php?code=EPIESGSCHCH1

Aria STG-006
http://www.ariaguitars.com/english/products/stg-006

both seem pretty good but id like a second opinion. any other suggestions would also be appreciated.

(on a side note, what would be involved in putting a black pickguard on the sg? just curious)

THanX in advnce for the help
Have you considered renting a guitar temporarily? By doing so you would only pay around $100 to have it for a couple of months and see if you truly want to play guitar or not. Then you can shell out for a more intermediate level guitar later rather than spending money on a beginner guitar now.

If that isn't an option, what type of music do you play?
Gear:
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey 6505+ Combo (60w)
Roland Cube 20w
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-5
Those Epiphones are special in the same way as the kids who ride the short bus. And don't buy a cheap guitar with a whammy. They don't work worth a damn.
My friend you will soon realize this forum is filled with guitar Nazi's (unless you haven't already) Personally I own an ephiphone sg special. Altho I would not pay their asking price Its a pretty solid guitar once you get it set up.

The best advice I can give you is walk into a music store sit down and play everything until you find what suits your needs best. I made the mistake of letting others who played guitar try and help me shop and I ended up with stuff I ended up selling later on. Just find what suits YOU.

Just on a general note stay away from cheap guitars. As was said above cheap trem's tend to be a sign of a cheap guitar. If its your first guitar I'm not sure you will want a trem anyway but if you do go for a licensed Floyd rose.
Last edited by ibugppl at Jun 12, 2011,
Quote by ibugppl
My friend you will soon realize this forum is filled with guitar Nazi's (unless you haven't already) Personally I own an ephiphone sg special. Altho I would not pay their asking price Its a pretty solid guitar once you get it set up.

The best advice I can give you is walk into a music store sit down and play everything until you find what suits your needs best. I made the mistake of letting others who played guitar try and help me shop and I ended up with stuff I ended up selling later on. Just find what suits YOU.

Just on a general note stay away from cheap guitars. As was said above cheap trem's tend to be a sign of a cheap guitar. If its your first guitar I'm not sure you will want a trem anyway but if you do go for a licensed Floyd rose.

Listen to everything ^this^ guy says. I would have mentioned the same thing(even the guitar nazis). Most guitarists just recommend what they own.............

I'd say go with the Epi because its probably made better and Epiphone is very consistent in quality and they are pretty reliable. Try them both and other guitars in the price range.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
ive decided to go with the aria and the crap trem, since ill probs never use it, its bloody durable and it sounds real good. its also cheaper by hundred bucks, which was really just an added bonus.
Im pretty happy, so the nazis out there can shove it thanks for u ppls help