Page 1 of 4
I mean, if you think about it, bands that are considered metalcore are The Devil Wears Prada, Killswitch Engage, Underoath, Oh Sleeper, Bring Me the Horizon(I like three of these). None of these bands sound the same at all. At least in other genres the bands will all sound at least somewhat the same. So would you say that metalcore has evolved beyond a genre and into more of a scene?
A main difference between punk and pop-punk is that pop-punk vocalists can sing.
I never got those bands, just don't sound good at all in my opinion. My old drummer loved them but his definition of Metalcore was completely retarded
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Quote by myownenemy
I mean, if you think about it, bands that are considered metalcore are The Devil Wears Prada, Killswitch Engage, Underoath, Oh Sleeper, Bring Me the Horizon(I like three of these). None of these bands sound the same at all. At least in other genres the bands will all sound at least somewhat the same. So would you say that metalcore has evolved beyond a genre and into more of a scene?

My condolences.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by myownenemy

I wouldn't.
Probably listened to Underoath the most out of these and I never cared for them a whole lot.
'cept their song Act of Depression. Extremely simple but heavy as hell
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Quote by myownenemy

Those three, for clarification.
A main difference between punk and pop-punk is that pop-punk vocalists can sing.
New Converge gives us all something to be grateful for.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by brad5992
Parkway Drive \m/ \m/

How is this relevant? This isn't a "I like this band; you like another." thread
Quote by soulsablaze
Probably listened to Underoath the most out of these and I never cared for them a whole lot.
'cept their song Act of Depression. Extremely simple but heavy as hell

I like Act of Depression era stuff, but I like all Underoath. Act of Depression sounds nothing like them now. Here, modern Underoath http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVPooKsLxII
Quote by myownenemy
How is this relevant? This isn't a "I like this band; you like another." thread

No, it's a "I know nothing about anything and I'm basically asking for people to derail my terrible thread" thread.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I definitely agree with you. Bring Me The Horizon shouldn't have a genre, and The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red, and all of those other bands should simply be called Breakdown bands. Pretty much all they are anyways. Many "Metalcore" bands are just hardcore bands that have the tiniest amount of metal in them, like The Devil Wears Prada. Compared to early Metalcore groups that had a much more clear metal influence than hardcore influence. I think the term is thrown around way too much, and the people carrying the metalcore "flag" definitely have a reason to be hated by the true metalheads. However I'm sure if they knew that metalcore also consisted of bands like Unearth and Sylosis, they might be a little kinder to the genre. My two cents anywho.
Quote by nashawa
No, it's a "I know nothing about anything and I'm basically asking for people to derail my terrible thread" thread.
The only problem I have with JTNorquay's comment is calling August Burns Red a breakdown band. Anything before Constellations, I'll give it to you, but Constellations isn't like that. It has breakdowns, but they're not the focal point. Other than that, I like your two cents.
Oh, well then. I might actually check out Constellations now. Thank you sir.
Quote by JTNorquay
...the people carrying the metalcore "flag" definitely have a reason to be hated by the true metalheads. However I'm sure if they knew that metalcore also consisted of bands like Unearth and Sylosis, they might be a little kinder to the genre.

I don't think you're aware of the fact that Unearth isn't a universally applauded band; in fact, there are some people out there who would go as far as to say that they're a detrimental stamp on metalcore and they did nothing but act as a catalyst to the devolution of the genre (crazy, I know).
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
A Palin White House. A drunken dolphin tattoo. This thread.

What are bad ideas, Alex?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I have honestly not heard any song by Underoath ever, which is why I didn't talk about them at all in my little shpeel. So could you please point out the relevance?
Please tell me the dolphin tattoo is a Clone High reference...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by element4433

Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 12, 2011,
Quote by nashawa
Please tell me the dolphin tattoo is a Clone High reference...

Sorry it's a reference to a real tattoo.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

This post gave me an idea for a band name.

Palin White T's .

*heads to photoshop to make fictitious album cover*
Quote by element4433
Sorry it's a reference to a real tattoo.

Judges?

We'll allow it.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by due 07
This post gave me an idea for a band name.

Palin White T's .

*heads to photoshop to make fictitious album cover*
I'm sorry. That needs to be in the form of a question.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I just don't get the appeal of these 'metalcore' bands, all of them sound the same and the clean/distorted vocals thing is annoying as hell.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Quote by element4433
I'm sorry. That needs to be in the form of a question.
Oh right.

Awesome band name inspired by Collin's superb wit and political cynicism.

What is Palin White T's?

*nailed it.jpg*
BURY YOUR ****ING DEAD!!!!!!!!!!1!one!!!1!11!1!!

EDIT: BRO! TDWP is da shitt nigga!!!!!!! Why you dissin them. Their so brootal and they have that cool synthy stuff. Their vocalist is da best man! You just don't know what hardcore is!
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Last edited by synestershadows at Jun 12, 2011,
...metalcore; a genre created solely for the purpose of being hated on, by just about everyone older than 5.

No seriously, metalcore is only barely a real genre for me. Most of what is lumped in with it is actually hardcore with interesting riffs and metal-influenced vocals, orrr just trendy metal/rock hybrids with ocassional breakdowns. (I'd throw KSE there)

If you want some real prog-METALCORE; go listen to some Protest The Hero, BTBAM, Across the Sun...If you want any other good metalcore...I dunno what to tell you, people here know what it is, ask them. It's out there, I just forget the names because it's 4 am and I can't listen to anything without prog influences right now

Most what we get today in the genre can just be called SceneCore. the Demonstration, TDWP, oh god...the list could go on for like 40 pages. And no I don't discriminate dammit! I know plenty of cool scene kids. They just have god-awful musical taste.

@old school Underoath; Those first two albums are kind of legendary for me. They were probably solely responsible for getting me past nu metal
I only see reference to one metalcore band in this thread.. and it's Converge... and it's by Nash. The **** is wrong with the people in this thread?
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
I only see reference to one metalcore band in this thread.. and it's Converge... and it's by Nash. The **** is wrong with the people in this thread?

BRO! TDWP is TOTALLY metalcore. Some would even say deathcore.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by lookpizza

What do you consider the other bands to be?

Quote by technicolour

He has a Nausea shirt on. Good for him. *thumbs up*
Metalcore to me is any band that merges hardcore and metal (derp). Lately is happens to be death metal instead of normal metal, and there arises BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Music must be honest to be timeless.
Page 1 of 4