Erm, hey. I currently have a Roland Micro Cube and it's great! For practicing alone anyway. Then I got together with a drummer, a bassist and another guitarist for fun and for music classes in school. It's utterly inaudible over any of these, the other guitarist has a 100 watt combo, and the bassist has something massive too. So I've been slowly starting to consider a new amp set.

I searched around and found these that I like.

Head:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_tbx150h.htm

Cab:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_is412cs.htm

They come in a bundle from there for £440.

There is very little in the way of good music shops around here, and I'd have no oppurtunity to try these out. Does anyone know if they're good, or have any suggestions about products to consider? My maximum budget is about £450.

Thanks
It all depends on the genre you play of course.

I don't know about the Ibanez amps, but if you look to Creative Bundle #85, you can also pick a Laney head and Cab (it would be around £470), I think you'll have a better deal with those.
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Martin OM-1 (acoustic)
Yeah, thanks to you two. I'll have a good look when I'm not on my phone. I forgot to say we do metal, mostly metallica covers. Thanks again
As a general rule, a good guitar maker does not make a good amp and vice versa. There are exceptions, but Ibanez is not one of those exceptions.

You'd be better off getting the Laney reccommended by the poster above me.

My personal reccommendation would be going on Ebay and looking for a used 50 or 60 watt combo in the price range. That's loud enough to be heard, but not blow-your-eardrums-out loud.

You can turn a 50 watt combo up to be about as loud as your other guitarist's 100 watt combo - no-one in their right mind puts the volume on 10 on one of those in a practice situation. And because bass waves can be the size of a bus, the amp needs to be massive. Not to be loud, but to have good quality.

PS. Another good investment would be an amp stand - that way you can place your amp at about chest level (as opposed to on the floor). After all, the worst place to hear an amp is directly above it.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jun 12, 2011,
If your main focus is high gain stuff the TBX head is exceptional for the money. There's very little in the price range to touch it. The clean sounds are decent and provide a solid starting point if you want to add a few FX and the br00tz tones from it are savage indeed. IMO the only place it falls down is in the low-mid gain area, I find it lacks punch when you pull the gain back but if you really only need a solid clean sound and a huge metal sound it will do very nicely.
**** that shit, get the traynor ycv50b from thomann for around £400. maybe pick up an od pedal to boost it while you're at it (the harley benton-branded joyo overdrive is, i think, a tubescreamer clone- and it's about £25 on thomann... alternatively for possibly-better reliability/durability/build quality, get the tonerider american od for £50 from dangleberry music).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Got a Boss MD2.

I'll definitely consider all these suggestions. Grateful for them.
an md2 won't really do what you want.

i mean, it'll work in a pinch kind of way. like in the way that, if you don't have a screwdriver, a coin of a similar size will work in a pinch. but an overdrive, especially one which works well as a boost (e.g. a tubescreamer-style od) will work way, way better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?