Hey boys and girls, today i am gonna start a new recording session. so here's teh question, shall I use amp simulation, (i have revalver mkIII.V, it's yet in demo mod tho) and can also record direct from my RP355, the question is shall I use RP's amp/cab simulation or The ReValver? and how would i go getting a modern hi gain but not dark voiced tone, double tracking? or 2 of the same take with different EQs? any help would be appreciated
Don't use the RP's simulation, it sucks. Some brighter high-gain sims would be like the LePou Xtac, which I like.

You would want to double-track. Using the same track but panned will cause phase, whcih you don't want.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
Don't use the RP's simulation, it sucks. Some brighter high-gain sims would be like the LePou Xtac, which I like.

You would want to double-track. Using the same track but panned will cause phase, whcih you don't want.

thats a good amp. if u throw a tse 808 in front of tse x30 u can get some bright high gain
Quote by FireHawk
thats a good amp. if u throw a tse 808 in front of tse x30 u can get some bright high gain

true, but typically not as bright as the 7170 or xtac.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
yessir, all free. look for the "guide to VST amp sims" in this forum, very good tutorial on how to get set up. some quick googling will bring you to the x30, LePou XTac, and the tse808 that FireHawk mentioned.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...