I basically mean anything that's mostly in the head voice. I'm shit at that. They're notes I can hit, without going into falsetto or anything, but they sound really weak.

I think my low and middle ranges sound decent, I have no trouble aiming my voice at my upper lip or nose for them, but when I try aiming it further up in my head I just end up moving backward into the soft pallette, which is obviously a bad thing.

I've essentially been doing basic exercises and slowly moving them up into that area, which I'm hoping will eventually help, but is there anything else I should be doing? Any specific exercises or things I should think about doing?

Cheers.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
It's literally just practise my friend, keep strengthening your voice by practising every day.
There are tons of great exercises, usually just simple scales do the trick though, keep going higher and higher and pushing your voice as much as you can.
Be careful not to strain your voice though.

Also, if your high notes are lacking strength that's probably to do with your breathing and your projection so I would do some research into breathing techniques and pushing from the diaphragm.

Seriously, it's all on youtube (=
I don't think breathing is the problem. I had a problem with that a while back, during which I looked at infinity videos and articles on the subject, what I'm doing now seems to be alright.
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 12, 2011,
You just need to gain more control, Which basically means to perfect your technique. I keep saying it but its very true.

Sing effortlessly In your most comfortable range experiment with your voice, Projection resonating, and consistency. All these play a huge roll in stamina and range. This is best to do with the notes you can hit very easily. You keep doing that your power will increase in your higher notes.

increase and decrease volume (dynamics) while your singing in your comfortable range. Sing like an opera singer is great for resonating.

Just because you can hit the notes and they are in your range doesnt mean you need to keep singing those notes. You need to perfect your technique and you will keep gaining comfortable effortless notes. Do you follow?

Its not bad to attempt to reach these notes, But you do not want to practice there.

If your brave enough boil an egg put the big part of the egg in the back of your mouth and make the ahh sound..you will see a big difference in resonating. I mean HUGE.

I would search for vocal quality if you practice like that the notes your reaching for will not be so far away.

singing with vowels rather then words will also help you.

If all this means you need to forget a few techniques youve learned so be it forget them. If you can get to the point your singing effortless you will gain these notes that are in your range.

If a beginner was only able to sing 1 note comfortable and perfect the more that singer sings that note the more notes that singer will be able to sing the exact same way.

So as you sing, Think effortlessly no pushing no strain no pain. you cant go wrong this way

Forget about head voice and chest voice. Your voice is not separated like that. You have a vocal fry, modal range, falsetto thats it. Modal range = chest/head voice work together.

So sing in your most comfortable range and ask me any questions you need to about singing in your most comfortable range
Extending your range downward is the same as extending your range upwards. By learning and practicing good technique, you remove the barriers that are preventing you from hitting the notes that would otherwise be within your physical limitations to hit. When you practice singing upwards and downwards as you practice technique, those notes that were a little blurry and hard to hit before will start sounding a little better.... and as they start sounding better because you are hitting them more and more correctly, you will - every now and again - find yourself being able to add one on to the pile.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by hawk_kst
It's literally just practise my friend, keep strengthening your voice by practising every day.

So if I keep practicing singing incorrectly, then I will begin to sing correctly? Really?!

Quote by hawk_kst
I would do some research into breathing techniques and pushing from the diaphragm.

Seriously, it's all on youtube (=

If I were you, I would research that too.

Do NOT PUSH from the diaphragm!!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Cheers for the replies. I'd somehow gotten the idea that I should be able to sing these notes, and was trying to sing them more adamantly than I would if I was trying to extend into notes I couldn't hit at all. Probably a bad idea, I'll stop doing that.