Hey UG,

I'm looking for a superstrat with the following specs:

Maple Fretboard
HSS configuration (preferred but not needed)
OFR or Schaller (Any good FR will do)
Recessed or non recessed
NO 24 frets

Budget: $900 and under

Type of music played: rock, metal, punk. (Metallica, Led Zeppelin, SOAD, Foo Fighters, Billy Talent, Green Day, MCR)
Last edited by SupahStrat at Jun 12, 2011,
Yep, sounds like you want a Charvel!

I think that the So-Cal is routed for HSH (though I can't be sure), so you should be able to change the pickup config if you don't like the HH DiMarzio setup that's in there stock.
^ +1

unfortunately the wild cards have rosewood boards, but if you're easy on the board, one of them would work (just be aware it's the korean, not schaller-made, floyd).

or else just go with the so-cal as CAC says, and swap the pickups and pickguard for HSS at some point at your leisure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I've looked at the So Cal and I LOVE the specs, it's everything I've been looking for!

I just wanted to know if there were any other options.

Thanks!
there might be but it depends on how easy going you are on those specs you listed- offhand I can't think of anything else with those exact specs at your budget (not saying there aren't any more options, just saying i can't think of them )...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You are definitely looking for Charvel. I played one at a shop back when I was in New Jersey, and it had a nice strat feel. Can't recall which model, i just know it was an HH strat-body with an OFR.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Probably not exactly what you have in mind, but an Ibanez S570QM fits your requirements.

Though I'm sure there's plenty of old RGs that would be even better for what you're looking for.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by jeTTa02
+1 for Charvel

I'm gonna be with everyone else and +1 for Charvel

:EDIT
All the cool Jackson Ibanez ESP super strats are going to be 24 fret.

An Adrina Smith San Demos would fit your specs but it's well over twice your budget

So that pretty much leaves Charvel as the last man standing...
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Jun 12, 2011,