i asked this question on the acoustic forum i frequent, but haven't found a decent contender. i thought i would cross into the electric world and ask the same thing.

does anyone make an electric guitar with acoustic voicing that comes with a wider neck and bridge spacing? the godin a6 ultra seems ideal except that i would like to have a 1 3/4" nut, and 2 1/4" bridge spacing (wider is okay for both). if no such beast exists, at a minimum i would like 2 3/16ths bridge spacing.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godina6ultrap.htm

this would be mainly for stage use, so it doesn't need to be a perfect acoustic sound. i would use this for live solo performances, mainly acoustic and rockin blues.

although i like the styling of the a6, i am open to other body types as well (as long as it is not as heavy as a les paul).
some of the makers will list nut width, but very few will list the bridge spacing. i have emailed a number of them, but either its been a no-go, or they haven't gotten back to me.

i have seen the piezo systems where each saddle had its own pickup, i wonder if that is a noticable improvement over a single pickup?
Quote by geronimotwo
some of the makers will list nut width, but very few will list the bridge spacing. i have emailed a number of them, but either its been a no-go, or they haven't gotten back to me.

i have seen the piezo systems where each saddle had its own pickup, i wonder if that is a noticable improvement over a single pickup?

It's not necessarily an improvement as much as it is a necessity. Gibson has a handful of guitars that have individual pickups so you can adjust the sound of each string to different MIDI patches and such, but that just seems like a pain to me.