ok, so i love Sabbath, in my personal opinion there is no better tone than Iommi's, espacially on their first album.

but what i'd like to know is which amp (and effects) at bedroom levels would best nail his tone?

budget isnt really an issue as i can just save up more money if needs be, but i dont want to be spending a HUGE amount as im not in a band and just play at home.

thanks.
Last edited by rock rocks at Jun 12, 2011,
great question, his tone IS amasing but doesnt get much love. There are no iommi pedals out there that i know of and i have looked. Your best bet is to get a pedal that emulates a cranked non marshall british amp. I find the catalinbread wiio to be pretty iommi ish. Dont forget he used laney amps with a rangemaster treble booster infront, the tb is the key. You can get someone to build you a rangemaster clone for 70 usd. And if you ask nice, someone could build you a nice triode to jfet laney. But thats going to cost you a total of around 300.
Get the wiio, and a rangemaster clone, should run you around 200 bucks.
Btw, what amp do you have, i posted the information above considering you have a tube amp
ye i'll have to agree with yu on that, his tone is so underated.

but anyway, at this point in time i have a blackstar ht-5, its 'ok' but its still far from the real deal.
Last edited by rock rocks at Jun 12, 2011,
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Why not? It has a master volume.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
All you need are prosthetic fingertips and Drop D tuning.

A machine shop accident ought to do the trick.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Cathbard
Why not? It has a master volume.

yes i know but at 100 watt it just seems like a waste if im just gonna be using it for bedroom use, although if it sounds good at low volume then i could see where your coming from....does it sound good at low volumes?
Yeah it does. It sounds better cranked but it does sound quite good turned down. The advantage of course is that if you ever want to jam with a drummer you're all set to go. Better to have power and not use it than need power and not have it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by jumpaside
I think Gibson made him his own signnature pickups like a long time ago.

Arghh…do you have any idea how old the good Sabbath albums are?
Laney GH100TI, Gibson SG with P90's. Done.

Ohh, and when EQ'ing the amp, he doesnt use as much bass as everyone who wants to copy his tone thinks. Geezer makes up a lot if not all the bass sound in Sabbath, Iommi used very little bass, but he used a lot of highs, mids, and presence.

He has god tone yes, but I would rather play with my tone than play his god tone. Not much for copying someone else's tone but thats just me.

Hope I could help a little bit.
Peace.
Last edited by Stryker636 at Jun 12, 2011,