Hi ugers, im looking into buying a second guitar, and im having a hard time finding what im looking for. I want to use this guitar for pretty much everything involving a tremolo and 24 frets, so im not really looking for a guitar aimed at a specific genre. I would really appreciate if anyone could help. Im looking for these specific things in this guitar, but im open to any suggestions, ideas, etc. (If i cant find anything, i was thinking of building my own guitar if it would be cheaper) :

• has a decent double locking floyd rose
  • has 24 frets
  • preferable has emg pickups in so when i swap them out i can use their quick change system thingy (Don't hate on me not using emgs for metal )
  • I would like a humbucker-single-humbucker layout because i think it will provide me with a very versatile guitar when i put in the coil-splittable emg 89 and 81tw in the neck and bridge
  • looks cool (preferable no matte black finishes)
  • has a maple neck and fretboard (not required, i just like maple as a neckwood)
  • is in the under $600 price range

My main concerns are really the good floyd, 24 frets and the H-S-H pickup layout though.
So does anyone know where such a guitar may be hidden?
For under 600$ I doubt you're gonna get a guitar with a HSH EMG pick-up configuration..

Have a look at ESP's, they seem to have good Floyd's and a lot of EMG-fitted guitars. (Note: no experience what-so-ever, but just internetting my ass off every day..)
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
A lot of Jackson's and Ibanez's come in the configuration you want. Getting all of what you want on a guitar pretty tricky in that price range. IMO Jackson is prolly the way you wanna go.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
ive looked at ibanez before, and they have almost exactly what i want, but ive heard loads of bad things about the ibanez trems in that price range though (the edge 3 trems)
There is that...if you look in the FAQs/Info sticky it's got a list of what kind of double locking trems you want to look for
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by TuningGamer
For under 600$ I doubt you're gonna get a guitar with a HSH EMG pick-up configuration..

Have a look at ESP's, they seem to have good Floyd's and a lot of EMG-fitted guitars. (Note: no experience what-so-ever, but just internetting my ass off every day..)

i dont really care if it has emgs to begin with (its just less work swapping them cause of the quick change thingys), im going to swap them out for top of the line emgs anyway, i just want a h-s-h layout to begin with. I did look at esp already cause i heard good things about them, but i didnt find anything with a h-s-h layout, only h-s-s. thanks for responding though
Quote by repairmanjack
There is that...if you look in the FAQs/Info sticky it's got a list of what kind of double locking trems you want to look for

are you talking about swapping the existing edge one for a better floyd? The main complaints I've heard about the Edge 3s is that they generally suck i.e. they don't stay in tune, are made of cheap parts and break, and don't come back into tune good
Quote by The Baconator
are you talking about swapping the existing edge one for a better floyd? The main complaints I've heard about the Edge 3s is that they generally suck i.e. they don't stay in tune, are made of cheap parts and break, and don't come back into tune good

I'd stay away from trying to swap floyds. But it gives you a good guideline for what kind of floyds you should be leaning toward or away from. Edge 3 is definitely on the bad list
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
2nd hand RG550 then buy the EMGs separately.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
so go 2nd hand and hunt around.

Acoustic Mirror found one for $250

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
unless you can do it yourself, it would be cheaper to buy a 550.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by The Baconator
i dont really care if it has emgs to begin with (its just less work swapping them cause of the quick change thingys), im going to swap them out for top of the line emgs anyway, i just want a h-s-h layout to begin with. I did look at esp already cause i heard good things about them, but i didnt find anything with a h-s-h layout, only h-s-s. thanks for responding though

Aaah, like that! Well, I guess then you should be looking at Jackson/Ibanez, as already has been said.

Sorry for the confusion ;-)

On the Edge III: it's not that bad, when you set t up well, or just get it set up well. Just know that (according to some) it wears out relatively fast. You could always just swap it out for a higher-end Ibanez double locking tremolo, most of them will fit properly.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
The edge III is ****ing shit, if you can pick up any older 90s Ibby and you instead buy a new 350/370 instead your a bloody fool.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
my main goal with the h-s-h layout is to be able to switch betwwen a strat type single coil sound and a les paul type humbucker sound... How close do you think a s-s or h-s layout would be to a srat type sound?
and about the rg550... i dont really have the time or patience to search for a cheap one online, because assuming i get one for $600, which would be a great deal, ill be paying $800 with pickups, and i dont have that much money
Quote by trueamerican
Yeah, picking up a used MIJ HSH Ibanez well within your price range is pretty easy.

not without a shitty tremolo
1. Yes without a shitty tremolo.
2. Buy used pickups. You can get them dirt cheap and in great condition.
Like we keep telling you...

A 550 is the only one with everything you want, great trem, HSH and a maple neck.

Buy the EMGs second hand too and you should be able to do it all for 600ish.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by The Baconator
and about the rg550... i dont really have the time or patience to search for a cheap one online, because assuming i get one for $600, which would be a great deal, ill be paying $800 with pickups, and i dont have that much money

You dont need time they turn up all the time....

If i actually had money and a decent job instead of being a broke student i'd probably have like 30 of the things due to the amount of times i've seen killer deals on used MIJ ibanez... jeez