Page 1 of 3
I seen somewhere from a UG'er that so many artists today make shitty albums that you have to pick and chose which songs you want, and that is why the music industry is becoming a dry, sandy pussy.

What albums from a recent artist (2000-present) have you been able to enjoy, without skipping, and having an admiration for each song? Reissues from bands like Led Zeppelin or albums from old artists who already made themselves in years before the 2000's like Buddy Guy or Jeff Back aren't allowed here. I guess I'll set the example here.

I'd have to say every album from the Black Keys has been able to spin in my car or stereo the entire way through. All in all they're a very good band kinda jeolous that my trio band is still trying to match the power of a duo band lol.

PS. hope this hasn't been done before, it seems like an idea that might've been taken already lol.

Lets Begin!
Man, there's so many. It's not like there's a drought of good albums.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
If you can't listen to pretty much any album all the way through you've got problems
so many artists today make shitty albums

Not true. You need to listen to more modern music instead of only listening to music from the 60's and then complaining about how terrible music today is.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I always listen to albums all the way through

But all of the songs being worthy, I'd have to say Continuum by John Mayer is one of them, along with Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge by McR, Riot! by Paramore, My Dinosaur Life by Motion City Soundtrack and definitely Hugh Laurie's Let Them Talk.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
^ +1

Alter Bridge - ABIII
Parkway Drive - Deep Blue
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Dawginator

forgot this one
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by hugh20
Not true. You need to listen to more modern music instead of only listening to music from the 60's and then complaining about how terrible music today is.

it wasn't me, I'm fine with music today, it was someone on the UG "Why Pirating Music is Ruining the Music Business" article. If you want to find things today, you need to actually look for them, not just expect today's radio to throw people who have never been heard before at you.
Every single Arctic Monkeys album.
One Day Remains - Alter Bridge
Probably shit loads more
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Being serious I've listened to Chinese Democracy all the through at least once, maybe twice
For me,

Hymn of A Broken Man by Times of Grace
Eternal by War of Ages
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
I've dug Foo Fighter's Wasting Light all the way through lately. Also, Protest the Hero's Fortress and Scurrilous are nice listening all the way through. The four latest HIM albums also are something I've taken a big liking to. Daft Punk's Discovery is an album that I can't skip anything from... The Sounds' Crossing the Rubicon as well. Hell, I could go on for a long, long time... In my experience, there are no more shitty records out there now than there were 40 years back. It's just that the older albums have achieved a prestigeous station within the field - they have become canonized in the polysystem of popular music, and judgement on them has become somewhat clouded.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
First two that come to mind are Scurrilous by Protest The Hero and The Emptiness by Alesana.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Ooft, a bunch. edIT's Certified Air Raid Material, Bjork's Vespertine, Colin Hay's Going Somewhere, The White Stripes' Icky Thump, at least 2 Holdsworth albums, Satch's Musterion one, Tool's Lateralus and 10,000 Days, the last few Primus albums...

****, tons. What's wrong with you?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Dawginator

Alter Bridge - ABIII

+1

As Blood Runs Black - Instinct
After the Burial - In Dreams
Protest the Hero - Fortress/Scurrilous
All Rammstein albums, All Avenged Sevenfold albums, Death magnetic.
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Everything by Mastodon
Red Album - Baroness, the build up of Rays On Pinion sucks me in every time.
Static Tensions - Kylesa, one of my favorite albums
Dopethrone - Electric Wizard
From Mars to Sirius - Gojira

Just a few off the top of my head. I like listening to records all the way through, especially when the songs flow well into one another.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Recent albums by:
- Dream Theater
- Tool
- Symphony X
- Aghora
- Seventh Wonder
- Nevermore (I'm sorry, but the Odsidian Conspiracy is awesome)

...Prog Metal ftw.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Way too many really. The first ones that come to mind are Watershed (Opeth), The Blackening (Machine Head), Plastic Beach (Gorillaz), Colors (BTBAM), The Sufferer and the Witness (Rise Against), etc.

I could look through my iTunes and seriously list out all of them. But that would take a really long time.
I can't not listen to an album the whole way through.
And I don't really listen to a lot of modern music, but MGMT is huge for me.
John Frusciante has a whole lot of albums that came out in the 2000s.
Ghostland Observatory as well.
Octavarium-Dream Theater came out 2005.
There's a shit ton of good metal bands I used to listen to with stuff from the 2000s.
Quote by Dream Floyd

(I'm sorry, but the Odsidian Conspiracy is awesome)

+1!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
There's so many.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
BTBAM's albums,
Muse's albums,
Protest The Hero's albums
Porcupine Tree have done quite a few amazing ones in the 2000's.

There's been some great dance music albums too like Pendulum's In Silco and Immersion, No More Idols and Against All Odds by Chase and Status and Warriors Dance by the Prodigy.

EDIT: A few I forgot,

Rise Against's new album,
Radiohead's recent stuff is incredible.
Gorrilaz stuff is also amazing.
Last edited by benonbass1 at Jun 12, 2011,
I Always enjoy music more when I listen to the whole album at a time, so Pretty much every album I own.

my shameless Fanboyism is raging at the lack of Kezia listed with Protest the hero, so I'll do that now.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
I only listen to music while playing the entire album. If there is only one good song on the album, I will rarely play that song.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
The Blackening - Machine Head
Wrath - Lamb of God
For The Masses - Hadouken
A New Era of Corruption - Whitechapel
Joyland - Andy McKee (in fact, his entire discography)
Holding On To Strings Better Left To Fray - Seether

and lots more...
Black Gives Way to Blue - AIC ... no matter how many times i listen to it, always feel it
A Muse man through and through ...

bite me
I listen to entire albums on a daily basis. Right now I'm digging the new Boris and Jesu.
People Who Can Eat People Are The Luckiest People In The World
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by alkalineweeman

I was literally just about to post this

I also just listened to this all the way through

And I really enjoyed each track

I don't think I've really ever come across an album that I couldn't listen to all the way through.
I tried listening to the mumford & sons album once but I only made about halfway through.
Also; there are so many albums I couldn't even begin to name them. I listen a lot of cd's so naturally you're going to listen the whole thing.
Last edited by vagelier at Jun 12, 2011,
The Human Abstract - Digital Veil, shame it's only got 8 songs, one of which is an intro song

Also City & Colour's Little Hell and Bring Me Your Love.
Page 1 of 3