I'm gonna trade my Fender Frontman 212r for a B-52 LS-100... good move? I have a cab, so I should be ok... In the future I'm planning on getting a Peavey Butcher and 2 Vader 2x12 cabs, but that's besides the point. Do you guys think this is a good idea? thanks, IronMaiden76
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Have you tested the amp? Did you like it?

Looks like its another beginners' amp... probably have better gain than the Fender... but I doubt its anything special.

Also, what do you play?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I play everything, but the dirty channel on the Fender is worse than the $30 First Act distortion box... The B-52, to me, is a lot better but I've only played it a few times but I was seeing if anybody had problems with it besides it being solid state lolz
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

the amp isnt that great, but if you play mostly hard rock/metal it will be an upgrade in that tone department. so if you play mostly heavier styles, it is probably worth a free trade as long as it works. but be warned, it still wont sound great. just a better beginner amp for heavier styles than the fender
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
that's really what I'm interested in, actually... I realize it'll still prolly sound like shit, but thats ok I'm thinking I'll get the B-52 and then a BOSS ME-70 and then the Peavey+Vader
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Why don't you skip the ME70 and save for the Peavey + Vader?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
^^^^
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I dunno... I guess cuz it's more attainable, lol... I'm only 17, and I have no job
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Quote by IronMaiden76
I dunno... I guess cuz it's more attainable, lol... I'm only 17, and I have no job

Then all the more you should set a goal and work towards that objective instead of getting sidetracked by stopgaps.

IF you're 17 and without a job, then make every penny should count.

The Butcher costs $1,200 on MF. The ME70 costs $300... I take it that $300 will take some time so save. So if you already have it... you've only got to save $900 for the Butcher.

The ME70 will not make your amps sound significantly better. It will sound as good as the amp is. If your amp sounds average, the ME70 can only sound average.

In fact, I think Vader cabs aren't cheap. You can pick up a Avatar cab used, and be that much closer to being able to play your dream amp.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 12, 2011,
I can see where you're coming from with that, but the ME is more for the effects, not models, you know?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

The ME70 will not make your amps sound significantly better. It will sound as good as the amp is. If your amp sounds average, the ME70 can only sound average.

If your amp is crap, the ME will still sound crap. Your choice, I'm not the one that has to suffer a bad tone for several more months / years.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
that makes sense, but i have a grand total of $6 saved up I'm going to start searching for a job
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

This is the thing, I preferred the LS over the Peavey VK and to be honest I could live with the tones from the B-52 for a while, till I get the Peavey
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

And live happily
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699