Hey,

So recently I've been looking into some new speakers as the ones I've got now are unbearable to listen to when sat in front of my cab.

I'm pretty dead set on a Cannabis rex as one but I would like a different speaker for the remaining one.

So I need help choosing one.

Budget: < £100

I'd like to avoid used please.

Genres: Think Hard rock and instrumental, no br00tz here.

Location: I figure specific location isn't important as I'll be buying online and not used.

Thanks in advance, if I've left anything out please let me knowlik
Last edited by dannycasevnx at Jun 12, 2011,
have you tried emailing eminence? any time i emailed them they were more than willing to help, and more than willing to get into complex tone discussions.

mixing speakers is above my paygrade, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1 to what Dave said, I emailed Emi when I needed help and they were helpful and replied quickly.

If you care, tubetown has recently started stocking WGS speakers, many of which are based on Celestions, but are often cheaper:
http://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/index.php/language/en/cat/c462_Warehouse-Guitar-Speakers.html

For clarification:
WGS ET65 - Celestion G12-65
WGS Green Beret - Celestion G12M
WGS Reaper 55 - Celestion G12H Heritage (55Hz)
WGS Veteran 30 - Celestion Vintage 30

The differences in price aren't too drastic most of the time, but the ET65 and Reaper 55 cost significantly less than their Celestion-counterparts.

Can you name any bands/artists that you like the tone of, or want to emulate? Hard Rock has produced a LOT of different tones over the years...
tayden might be worth a look too- made in the uk at reasonable prices... i haven't tried them, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks Quailman, I was looking at wgs speakers but after adding shipping it became like $150 so I figured I could get the real Celestions for cheaper. Having said that looking at that website they may become an option again.

To be honest it's not someone's tone I'm after, its my own. I like a very smooth lead sound but a very raunchy rythym tone, think of the overdriven chords at the start of Paradise city. I also pretty much despise treble in my lead tones and usually set it at around 3 on my amp and bass and mids at 6 (my amp only goes to 9).

Thanks for your help so far
Sounds to me like you might like the ET65 or the Reaper 55 (or the Celestion equivalents, though they are pricier). Both have lots of bass/mids. The ET65 has a very smooth tone, while the Reaper does that gnarly '60s/'70s rock tone. (I'm going off the Celestions here, since I have not tried the WGS models, but listening to clips, they are very very close in tone).
WGS makes some amazing speakers. almost positive i want one, i just cant decide which one. almost all of thier models sound good. plus, i LOVE the idea that is a USA made, small custom shop kinda deal...not some mass produced asian thing.

i mean, hard to bash asian stuff. in fact i think every peice of gear i own except my delay pedal is asian made. but jesus, a nice gradual shift towards american products would feel great for me ight now.

its kinda that feeling like they are unattainable with my price ranges. really anoying feeling.