Hey guys,

I'm looking forward to buy a new amp. I have my own multi-effect pedal (Vox Tonelab LE) so all I need is a good clean channel who can handle pedals well. I won't use the amp built-in distortion.

My budget is $300-400 and I will use the amp at home and for small jams with my friends (no drummer, no gigs). I play rock and metal, but no brutal stuffs.

I was thinking about a Blackheart Little Giant, but I'm not sure if it can handle the Tonelab distortion well.

Thanks.
Quote by redandwhite12
used fender blues junior or pro junior
Will it handle the high gain provided by the Tonelab? Not extremely high gain, but high enough for modern rock and non-brutal metal.
Either that or an AC15.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
This probably isn't going to help you but I often play a Marshall pre-amp thru the power section of an old Peavey Mace head. It's similar to what you want to do. I don't know if it's that fat point to point wiring or some great power tubes but that amp has this punchy liquid sound I rarely hear from other amps.. I guess it is the Free Bird amp after all.
Probably not what you want to hear, but I'd sell the Tonelab and get an amp that's meant to do the sound you're looking for, without pedals.

Eventually you're going to grow old of the Tonelab's tone, and realize that even with the most expensive pedals, a nice clean amp just isn't going to give you a professional tone for metal, then you'll be stuck with two pieces of gear you don't want.

Otherwise, if you're not willing to accept that advice, I'd go with a used Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or possibly a Roland Jazz Chorus. Depending on the kind of rock you're playing, the lower wattage amps recommended aren't going to cut it, and for metal are completely and utterly wrong.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jun 12, 2011,
If you love your tonelab has a pre-amp section you like, why don't you just buy a nice poweramp. Preferably some kind of tube power amp.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
You could find a Laney VC15 for that price. It has some really amazing cleans.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by MatrixClaw
Probably not what you want to hear, but I'd sell the Tonelab and get an amp that's meant to do the sound you're looking for, without pedals.

this is what i should have said and what i feel as well even if the tonelab is really good. fenders generally do take pedals fairly well but I'm not to sure how it will react to your tonelab if you do take that route though. try it out and just see what you like more.