My 6string guitar is currently strung with 13-59 in C standard. I'm thinking of using 14-68 for B standard.

I know how to file the nut so that the string can fit, but what if the 68 doesn't fit through the saddle? or what is the thickest gauge that will fit in a Strat style bridge?
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Last edited by kenvy at Jun 12, 2011,
Don't quote me on this but I think .60 is the thickest that any standard guitar parts are made for. I know that's the case with most tuners and tune-o-matic bridges. Strat bridges might be able to take a little more but I would think it would at least need filing down or something, .52 on a Strat saddle fills the notch out pretty well so I would think a .68 would dwarf it.
"what if the string is too thick for the saddle?"

LOL, sounds like sexual inuendo
Quote by Galgawine
"what if the string is too thick for the saddle?"

LOL, sounds like sexual inuendo

No one cares.
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Cheers!
Quote by kenvy
No one cares.

This, grow up and gtfo if you can't be helpful, this isn't the pit.

TS, You should be fine, The guy from NILE uses a .62 for Drop A on his Dean V. It should fit.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
.68 is huge. if you can find .60 or even .62 that will work just fine. i put my guitar in B sometimes with .12-.52's and it works, just a bit sloppy.
I've seen strings as thick as .072 before... You usually have to order them from a specialty string website, though.

It seems to me that there's really only 1 way to find out about this, but I agree you could probably use a thinner string and be fine.
Yes, Daddario makes a 14-68 set and I've seen it at Sam Ash and Guitar Center.

I don't really want to use a 60 or 62, they don't have the amount of tension I prefer. But I did measure the hole in the saddle where the string goes. It's about 2mm and a 68 is 1.73mm thick. I'm pretty sure it'll fit.
Last edited by kenvy at Jun 14, 2011,
Quote by bambi_slaughter
.68 is huge. if you can find .60 or even .62 that will work just fine. i put my guitar in B sometimes with .12-.52's and it works, just a bit sloppy.

i am in B right now with .10-.56's.

(Slinky Tops, Heavy Bottoms)
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Well I have to agree that a 68 is pretty big, but i like to have a good amount of tension on the biggest string.

it's 21.7 pounds if I tune to B.
Thing is that much tension may not only be bad for the saddle/nut/tuner but it could also be bad for the neck. The truss rod can only do so much. When using excessively thick strings it is possible for the string tension to be greater than what the truss rod can do. Having strings that thick will also make it hard to get the strings to clear the fret wire unless you install a new nut that is cut really high, which will then make the thiner strings harder to play.

I think what you really want to do is get a baritone guitar. Hell, a baritone 7-string even.
It's a case of experimentation, try it out with your guitar, get it set up to accommodate for the increased amounts of tension and see if it's right for you. I use a 72 at B and haven't had any problems at all in the years that i have done so.
is everything that grohl said true or false?
well here's the info about my neck:

Scale/Length 25.5"
Width at Nut 4.2 cm
Width Last Fret 5.6c m
Thickness 1st Fret 2.05cm
Thickness 12th Fret 2.3cm
Radius 40mm

will Bstandard with 14-68 strings be bad for my guitar?
No it'll be fine, more then fine, however, those are some thick-ass strings, son.

B standard with like...12-52's if you like just a LITTLE LITTLE LITTLE amount of slack
or 12-54 for a nice perfect tight fit, 13-56 for some nice tight stiff strings. But 14-68? That's ungodly tight ass strings, if that's what you're into man. If you are, you'll be fine.

Be warned though, bending those will be a bitch, and you'll need a neck adjustment to compensate for that much tension, .68's are like, 8 string guitar/bass strings territory.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
But 14-68? That's ungodly tight ass strings, if that's what you're into man. If you are, you'll be fine.

Be warned though, bending those will be a bitch, and you'll need a neck adjustment to compensate for that much tension, .68's are like, 8 string guitar/bass strings territory.

I have 13-59 tuned to C right now and it's not that tight. 14-68 tuned to B is about the same tension.

I usually don't do string bending so I'll be fine with not being able to bend xD and I know how to do the adjustments, I've done it before.
Quote by Penis_wanker

Cheers!