I bought a gk mb200 and only used it with headphones, I plugged it in to the guys cab through my line out jack cause it was 1/4", I didn't realize and turned it on to no sound. I then turned it off abs realized the xlr input is for the speaker not line out. Did I fry anything?? It's solid state
You wont have no.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
probably not. if you'd fried something you'd know.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
You're fine. All you did was to send a very weak signal to the cabinet. That's why you got no sound.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Ummmm, the XLR out on those heads is the DI out, not the speaker out. The speaker out is the Hybrid 1/4"/Speakon jack on the back. Pretty nifty little jacks really. 1/4" goes in the centre of the Speakon jack or just just the full thing as Speakon.

EDIT: I hope you're using a proper speaker cable and not an intrument cable too.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Jun 13, 2011,
Quote by consecutive e
Ummmm, the XLR out on those heads is the DI out, not the speaker out. The speaker out is the Hybrid 1/4"/Speakon jack on the back. Pretty nifty little jacks really. 1/4" goes in the centre of the Speakon jack or just just the full thing as Speakon.

Thanks, yea I figured this out moments after sending but I was on my phone. The guy I got the cab from lived across the street from guitar center, so I brought my amp there and got the cable as the doors opened. Funny story the guy who opened the doors and greeted me told me they carried them, then another guy complimented my amp and said the Speakon output could also function with a standard cable as you mentioned. Then the greeter furiously said it was an JUST AN XLR HYBRID AND CANNOT BE USED IN ANY OTHER WAY. needless to say I went with the other guy. What does a speakon do different anyways?

Edit: Yea I sold my amp to get the head, and in the process didn't have enough for a cab so I've been headphoning it. and forgot what the manual said.
Last edited by askrere at Jun 13, 2011,
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!