Page 1 of 5
Lord of the rings.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. My 10th grade English class's curriculum left one reading at the discretion of the teacher and this was the book she chose. So much hand-wringing over the big dilemma of whether this girl would donate her kidney to her sister or not, and at the end she just dies in a car crash.
Last edited by blackflag49 at Jun 13, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Catcher in the Rye.

Can't stand that book, at all.

This. Holden was so annoying.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
If a book was that bad, I would stop reading it.

That being said, New Moon was painful.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Alexishxc1337
The Scarlet Letter.

+1
What a dreadful book. Nathaniel Hawthorne seemed to be more interested in showing off his figurative speech than actually telling the story.
Whilst The Long Walk by Stephen King overall was and still is one of my favourite books, the ending of it is my least favourite. It's terrible!

You know when you're writing a story in an English exam and you haven't finished but your teacher calls out 2 more minutes so you have to rush the ending and bring it to a sudden close leaving out a lot of information you would have wanted to put in?

That's exactly what I felt after I read The Long Walk. The ending is just so rushed in my opinion
It's not how big your pencil is; it's how you write your name.
The Awakening by Kate Chopin, the only book I have ever had to force myself to finish.
city of beasts.

i read it when i was a kid, still havnt finished it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I write poetry
And it sucks.
alljudaspriest's posts.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Worst two books I have read: Frankenstein and Twilight. Frankenstein I got so bored and Twilight... just terrible.

Edit: Oh and Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging. I used to get very bored at my ex-girlfriends place.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Jun 12, 2011,
Quote by MrRockandRoll
Whilst The Long Walk by Stephen King overall was and still is one of my favourite books, the ending of it is my least favourite. It's terrible!

You know when you're writing a story in an English exam and you haven't finished but your teacher calls out 2 more minutes so you have to rush the ending and bring it to a sudden close leaving out a lot of information you would have wanted to put in?

That's exactly what I felt after I read The Long Walk. The ending is just so rushed in my opinion
I loved that book and I don't seem to recall being disappointed with the ending. I did read it a long time ago, so maybe I just don't remember it very well.

Anyway, my choices are the first Lord of the Rings book (the only book I've not been able to finish after making it halfway through), and the second is some book about horses that was required reading in elementary school. Google tells me it might be "Misty of Chincoteague".
Quote by CoreysMonster
Catcher in the Rye.

Can't stand that book, at all.

If this post was published paperback, that would be.
Twilight.

Female author, female protagonist, female target demographic, and the book is about a female willing to give up everything, to be subservient and self sacrificing for a male. What's up wit that?
I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~Author Unknown
Quote by metallica #1
Pretty self explanatory, what are the worst books you have read?

So far, the most boring book I have read is Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

Well i guess if I try reading this book....I won't have... Great Expectations.

YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!!!
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Lord of the rings.

0/10.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
The Great Gatsby. Seriously the entire plot could have been written on the back cover. That shows how a 15 page story could be dragged out to 170 pages.
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."

Yes, this book actually exists, it's not a joke.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by vagelier
If this post was published paperback, that would be.

oh no, one of the people who actually think Catcher in the Rye is a good book!!

Run!

Ruuuuuuuun!!
To Kill A Mockinbird. The book gave me no information whatsoever on how to kill mockingbirds.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
A book titled "Excavation" by James Rollins, and some other book by him. Shitty thriller-adventure books, don't know why I read them both tbh.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by MrRockandRoll

Same here.
Great book, terrible ending.

The worst book i've ever read, and i'm not sure this counts since i've only read the first 3 chapters or so, is To Kill a Mockingbird.
So. ****ing. Boring.
"Sword of the Shannara". For some reason you'll find it on EVERY Fantasy top-100 list, and it's absolutely terrible.

About "Catcher in the Rye"... first time I read it I thought "WTF, this is famous?" When I read it again some years later, however, it made more sense and I enjoyed it a lot more. Not the best book ever but still worth a read I think.
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Quote by Alexishxc1337
The Scarlet Letter.

Definitely this. That book makes me want to defecate on Nathaniel Hawthorne's gravestone.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by pastrami1993
The Great Gatsby. Seriously the entire plot could have been written on the back cover. That shows how a 15 page story could be dragged out to 170 pages.

derp
The Reader. I'm sorry, but fuck that book.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by pastrami1993

This too. I had to read it in school, and thought it was really pointless. It was dragged on
Any Shakespeare I've read.

Well...

The actual texts themselves aren't too bad (upon reflection, getting through them is a bit dull), but the people who think they're literary geniuses because they've read Shakespeare make me want to boycott his works all together.

I tend to be very closed off with my reading habits because I know so many people who think that reading has some kind of hipster street cred attached to it...
Page 1 of 5