Kindle's cheaper, go for that.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

yeah, especially since barnes and noble have been closing stores lately, they can't be doing all that well, so who's to say they don't close down in a few years?

go for the Kindle.
My wife loves her kindle so...

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by institutions
Neither. Your mom is killing the printed word.
**** e-readers D:
Books were meant to be printed on paper.

Actually they were meant to be printed on scrolls, so books basically killed the original.
you're a stone fox
My mom has both, and I have used them a bit so I think I can help.

If she simply wants to read books, then the Kindle is the best tool for the job, it can last for weeks without a charge. Amazon also has many deals on books through out the year so it is actually pretty cheap to use a Kindle. My only issue with it is the UI is kind of confusing.

If she wants to have the device to not only read on, but possibly check email, play some games or something like that then the Nook is good for this. It needs to be charged regularly.

If you have any more questions just ask me.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by institutions
Neither. Your mom is killing the printed word.
**** e-readers D:
Books were meant to be printed on paper.

The Kindle is, if anything, reviving literature, simply because books are inconvenient, and the Kindle removes this.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
The Kindle is, if anything, reviving literature, simply because books are inconvenient, and the Kindle removes this.

The Kindle also removes the fun of turning paper pages and that delicious new book smell.
Hell, even some old books from used bookstores smell wonderful.
Quote by institutions
The Kindle also removes the fun of turning paper pages and that delicious new book smell.
Hell, even some old books from used bookstores smell wonderful.

Interesting fact: The Reason old books smell good is because they harbour a fungus (all books are rotting from the second they're made) that releases hallucinogenic/endorphin stimulating spores.
Quote by Todd Hart
Interesting fact: The Reason old books smell good is because they harbour a fungus (all books are rotting from the second they're made) that releases hallucinogenic/endorphin stimulating spores.

WHAT!?

I need to go get my books from the closet.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
WHAT!?

I need to go get my books from the closet.

Tis true.

It's believed a lot of famous works owe themselves to their author's research in old libraries and through semi-ancient texts.
Quote by Todd Hart

Mmmmm, fungus :P
Just because they're rotting doesn't mean they don't smell great.
That is interesting, though. Didn't know that.

I guess I just like owning my books in a physical form. It's the same reason I don't rent or trade in videogames. I like owning them
Quote by institutions
Mmmmm, fungus :P
Just because they're rotting doesn't mean they don't smell great.
That is interesting, though. Didn't know that.

I guess I just like owning my books in a physical form. It's the same reason I don't rent or trade in videogames. I like owning them

Yea but that's going to go away too. We are probably going to be able to download all games pretty soon.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Yea but that's going to go away too. We are probably going to be able to download all games pretty soon.

Disks get scratched, lost, and ruined in other ways.
Books.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
The Kindle is the better reader. The Nook can be modded with Droid.
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
if you want a cheap tablet then the nook can be turned into an android tablet
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO