Hey everyone I need help with deciding or suggestions in general for a digital piano . Honestly all I want in one are:

-Under $500

-Realistic nice sounding acoustic piano sound

-88 weighted realistic piano keys

-1/4 jack

-Headphone Jack

-Built-in speakers

(I know most digital pianos have most of these things but anyways thanks )
Look for a Korg, Roland, or Yamaha. Their stuff is probably the best you can get.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Yamaha p-85 has all that and is a great piano. There is a newer version, I think, the p-95 so you could get yours for under 500.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Thanks for the help but half of these don't have a 1/4 jack therefore how am I supposed to play live?
Couldn't you just mic it up like you're using a real piano?

And...Isn't the headphones jack the 1/4 jack? I'm not really sure though. I just turn down the volume when I practice.

Anyway, I just bought Yamaha P95 a few weeks ago and I think it's pretty good. It was hell researching about this, so I'll try to help as much as I can.

I think the sounds are not bad. But the action is light compared to my music school's piano.

Then again, unless you're willing to spend a lot more than 500, you're not likely to get one with a heavy action. Besides, you just need some time to get used to the difference in feel. It's not a big deal, really.

I've heard the Casio CDP-100 (Mentioned in the second post. It isn't by Yamaha, by the way.) has a heavier action, but I didn't find that to be true.

Also, I would suggest being wary about Casio. Their low-budget pianos seem to have varying levels of build quality, and while some who have bought it do not experience this, there is a significant number of people out there who say the CDP-100 eventually starts to make a noisy plasticky sound when playing. I don't recall hearing about lower-end Privia series having this problem, but I can't be sure.

I can't comment on Roland because they all seem pretty expensive (even their cheapest :/).

Korg has 2 pianos that I think may interest you: Korg SP-170 and 250.

170 is cheaper and is a newer model, but does not have MIDI in. It's not really serious, but I like to have my options available, which is why I did't get it.

250 is a 2005 model (I think) which is basically an improved version of the 170, ironically.

Both of the Korg has powerful speakers, and you can feel the reverberation when playing. They also are using Korg's best action if I'm not wrong.

Now, I can only give more advice if you're getting a Yamaha. For their keyboard action systems, they have 4 systems: GHE, GHS, GH and GH3.

GHS is their low budget action, and the one featured on many of their cheaper digital pianos obviously. It's lighter than an acoustic, so if touch is really important for you, I suggest looking for one with the other 3.

GHE is their heavier action, but it's older and has since been replaced by GH. If I'm not wrong, there are some who still prefer GHE, but they're no longer in use for the recent pianos.

GH is their standard action and is on their middle-range pianos. Unless digital pianos are very expensive where I live, you won't be able to get one with GH with your current budget.

GH3 is their premium action system. I'm not all that sure about this (Because I'm unlikely to spend a few grand on a digital), but IIRC, some, if not all have keys made of wood.