dunno. i learned beginner french in about a month and a half, but i'm also fluent in spanish so that might've helped a little bit.
Go Veg.
oh, i agree with the above post.
also, on the off chance todd hart enters, i want to take the time to tell him how much i love having his old avatar back

i love you man
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
to be serious, you might learn beginner swedish within two-three months time.

if you mean fluently, you've got to be kidding. give yourself at least three years -- two if you're a noted prodigy.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by craig_christ
ha

Awwwww, is someone new here? You'll need to troll at a much higher standard if you want to troll the pit successfully; but welcome!

But I suppose it depends on what level of fluency and how good you are with languages in general.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Jun 12, 2011,
Quote by conor-figgy
Awwwww, is someone new here? You'll need to troll at a much higher standard if you want to troll the pit successfully; but welcome!

But I suppose it depends on what level of fluency and how good you are with languages in general.

im pr0
Quote by laid-to-waste
also, on the off chance todd hart enters, i want to take the time to tell him how much i love having his old avatar back

I saw that conversation. I'm glad for you.
Quote by D&DLover
I saw that conversation. I'm glad for you.

i hate change

shit feels good
Svenska är ett fint språk.

or (in english)

Swedish is a nice language.

A great sentence to start with ;-).
Guitars and basses:

Fender Blacktop Telecaster|Epiphone Junior SG|Ibanez Lawsuit Strat|anelectro '63|Eagle tele w/ P-90s|Duke LP-copy|Cort B2A bass|Ibanez AW-40TCS
Quote by Metal_Mesh
Norsk er et finere språk.

or (in english)

Norwegian is a nicer language.

A great sentence to start with ;-).

fix'd
But seriously, go on and learn Swedish! If you ever would try it out in Sweden, you wouldn't meet so many variations of it, unlike in Norway, when Swedish is almost more similar to Standard Eastern Norwegian than my dialect.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jun 12, 2011,
Quote by sfaune92

fix'd

Lol, är du norrman? (are you norweigian?)
Guitars and basses:

Fender Blacktop Telecaster|Epiphone Junior SG|Ibanez Lawsuit Strat|anelectro '63|Eagle tele w/ P-90s|Duke LP-copy|Cort B2A bass|Ibanez AW-40TCS
ey dunt knew, ey wuntad too lern a knew languge tew, but wasnt abilitie too lern good?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Metal_Mesh
Lol, är du norrman? (are you norweigian?)

Nei, e æ det? Koffor mistængt du det? (My dialect; not an oficial written form)
Nei, er jeg det? Hvorfor mistenkte du det? (Norwegian Bokmål; most common written form)
Nei, er eg det? Kvifor mistenkte du det? (Norwegian Nynorsk; less common written form)

(Am I? Why did you suspect that?)

There, TS, you see a valid reason to choose Swedish over Norwegian. Norwegian has too many dialects, whereas Sweden have only a few that are almost torn to death by lingual assimilation.

EDIT: I thought about self-teaching a language myself (Spanish), but I'm too lazy! I'll take it as an extra class in uni instead.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
ey dunt knew, ey wuntad too lern a knew languge tew, but wasnt abilitie too lern good?

Is that Dutch!?

Just kiddin'!

EDIT:

Quote by sfaune92
Nei, e æ det? Koffor mistænkt du det?
Nei, er jeg det? Hvorfor mistenkte du det?

(Am I? Why did you suspect that?)

There, TS, you see a valid reason to choose Swedish over Norwegian. Norwegian has too many dialects, whereas Sweden have only a few that are almost torn to death by lingual assimilation.

Don't know ...

Well, that is now quite true. Maybe there are fewer swedish dialects than norwegian dialects, but then norwegian must have millions! I mean, in Sweden we have:

Skånska (southern sweden)

småländska (southwest sweden)

stockholmish (middle-eastern sweden)

"gnäll" (well, i guess you could call it "whine": lacking a better explanation) - talked in mid-sweden: sorta my dialect )

Gothenburgish (western sweden)

"Northernlandish" (nothern sweden)

Finnland-swedish (swedish with finnish dialect)

gotlandish (spoken on Gotland: an island east of Sweden)

etc, etc...

But I guess you already knew that !?
Guitars and basses:

Last edited by Metal_Mesh at Jun 12, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
by the summers over?

learn english first

You should learn English first.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Ba mhaith leat Gaeilge a fhoughlainn? Is teanga níos fear ná aon rud eile ar cur ar bith!

Would you like to learn Irish? It's a much nicer language than any other at all!
There is no way you are gonna be able to learn a new language in one summer.
I've been learning French at school for the past 7 years and I still can't understand half of the stuff in the textbook!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

Is it possible for someone to learn Swedish over one summer? Yes.

Is is possible for you to learn Swedish over one summer? Based on how you write English, certainly not.

By all means try though. Most Swedish universities run good immersion summer programmes.
Compared to the Norway, sweden has far less. I am from Trøndelag, and there are dousins of "sub-dialects" of our dialect. Even the town of Trondheim has various dialects; I think there were four of them. There are at least a couple of dousions of other Trønder-dialects. (Trøndelag covers only two of the nineteen counties.)

We even need two written languages, and I don't even speak a langauge close to either of those!

First person singular across the country: e, eg, ei, eig, æ, æg, jeg, je, jæ, i

I use the former of those bolded, but I've been called out on using the latter at times as well.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Is it possible for someone to learn Swedish over one summer? Yes.

Is is possible for you to learn Swedish over one summer? Based on how you write English, certainly not.

By all means try though. Most Swedish universities run good immersion summer programmes.

You should see how I write unformally in Norwegian; you'd automatically think I'm an idiot if you didn't knew me. I am intelligent enough to abstain from writing like that on forums which are meant to read by everyone, however.
Swedish is pretty cool and has a structure and (some) vocabulary that resembles English. For studying vocabulary I wholeheartedly recommend you use an SRS, preferably Anki. There's a shared downloadable deck called "swedish vocabulary", that teamed up with some listening and reading, and a deck for vocabulary and sentences you mine by yourself, can get you very far I believe.
Quote by Woffelz
You should learn English first.

I can write in a linear fashion like this to prove to idiots like you I'm capable of speaking English,

or i can just not give a fuck and write like i want to. neither proves i don't know the english language.
Quote by laid-to-waste
I can write in a linear fashion like this to prove to idiots like you I'm capable of speaking English,

or i can just not give a fuck and write like i want to. neither proves i don't know the english language.

Then you shouldn't have told the TS to learn English. He may have been writing how he wants to, idiot.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

Quote by Woffelz
Then you shouldn't have told the TS to learn English. He may have been writing how he wants to, idiot.

there's a significant difference between not using grammar and not making sense.
^you guys are so awesome, english 1337s, yee yee get out da way
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
^i'm not the one childish enough to have a signature like his.