I was stricken with a monstrous malware that goes by the identity "Windows Vista Restore." It has created a ruse in telling me every program, document, installation, exe, etc on my computer has disappeared. One check of the Hard Drive proves this to be untrue. the problem is...I have no idea where they went.

I have dealt with the pop-ups and commands using Superantispyware/Malewarebyte all I need is to find the Process and Registry Keys, the problem is I can't find them either...

http://www.remove-virus.net/windows-vista-restore-virus/
http://www.removemalwarespyware.com/how-to-remove-windows-vista-restore-virus-windowsvistarestore-removal/

That is all the info I can find and if I were more tech savvy that would probably be enough, but to anyone who would be willing to lend some time to me for step by step instructions I would be most grateful.

This is the most irritating thing that I have ever experienced on a computer.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System Restore.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Try this TS....

Reboot your computer in safe mode (Restart, hammer on the F8 key until a menu pops up asking you how you want to start Windows. Choose Safe Mode with Networking, so you can get back on the internets). While in safe mode, run an antivirus scan, delete the virus, restart in normal mode, and you should be good to go. Hopefully.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
System restore has always been a 50/50 hance of solving stuff.
For registrys, you can ctrl+F and search for specific names.

You vcan also get registry removers which do this for you (I think malware bytes does)

If you cannot open antivirus programs,
windows key+r
type msconfig
in startup and service tabs, stop anythin loading which looks suspicious.
This will stop it runnining on startup (Unless it's a well written malware)
But that's a good way to prevent it doing stuff in the future.

EDIT: Msconfig is also super useful if you want to get your PC sttarting up a bit faster and preventing RAM whoring applications.
Also in future, If you spot ANY sign of a virus, disconnect it from the internet ASAP.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Jun 12, 2011,
Toolshed -> Bat -> Use Bat
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by muffinduck01
Try this TS....

Reboot your computer in safe mode (Restart, hammer on the F8 key until a menu pops up asking you how you want to start Windows. Choose Safe Mode with Networking, so you can get back on the internets). While in safe mode, run an antivirus scan, delete the virus, restart in normal mode, and you should be good to go. Hopefully.

This!
Quote by muffinduck01
Try this TS....

This is what I did for the initial part. Now I'm just doing cleanup/Finding my shit.

System restore didn't solve the problem unfortunately, it was the first thing I tried.

I think I may just dig for fishy things.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP