Any ideas on where you'd get such a thing? Home Depot? and reasons for that being a stupid thing to make a pickguard out of are welcomed too
It's mostly stupid because it's harder to work with than plastic. But there have been other guitars with metal pickguards. Makes shielding easier.
Ok....... that's all very good and nice but can somebody tell me where I can get some? and I can just cut it out with these big ass sissors/cutters/bigassmetalthingies, right? (They kinda look like hoof trimmers.......)
are you talking about almost like a mirror or? do you have any pictures of what your talking aout?
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Some sheet metal can be cut with tin snips. The thicker stuff my be harder to cut through and it will definitely be hard to cut cleanly.

Home Depot or Lowes or other hardware stores might have it. You'd probably be better off searching for a specialized metal fabrication shop though.
Quote by M_16A
are you talking about almost like a mirror or? do you have any pictures of what your talking aout?

that would be badass....... but can you get that stuff?
I've used a baking tray before now.

Buy ordinary sheet metal and black spray paint?
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Home Depot has 1'x1' sheets of sheet metal in a variety of sizes. Grab one of those, I can't remeber how much they are, for the size they are stupid high but you don't need a 4'x8' sheet so it will only be like 5-15 dollars depending on the thickness. Autozone, O'reilly's, and other auto parts stores typically have all kinds of paints. They have black chrome for a mirrored black look, or satin black for a flat finish, or you could have it powdercoated, which is what I would recommend. Loads stronger. Eastwood makes a wicked black chrome powder coat. There will be someone in your aread that can coat a pick guard and it should cost you like 10 to 20 bucks. or you could just spray bomb it....

But an oven pan, fuse box, and other misc scrap stuff can be had for free if you check local scrap yards, junk yards, salvation army, goodwill. Get creative man!!
I think I'm gonna go with picking up some at home depot and painting it with black chrome.............. now I just gotta take her apart, paint her up, and sketch up the pickguard, then figure out how to make it not razor sharp
Quote by LZRocker
that would be badass....... but can you get that stuff?

i bet you could probably shop around for some mirror pick gaurds or really shinny stuff, here are some pictures of guitars with mirrors stuff and yeah

"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Has anybody heard of mirror paint........? Does it come in colors or is it just..... mirror?
ive seen that Chrome and Gold spray paint, i dont know how reflective it is or reliable it is but you could give that a shot
hmm....... is there really not any place where you can buy a 1'x1' piece of black metal? I mean, I've seen colored metals some place.
Powder coated perhaps?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
you can buy sheet metal at home depot or lowes or pretty much any hardware store i believe, im not to sure about shinny black tho, maybe if theres any metal works around you, go check them out and see what they got
As a professional metal fabricator, I advise you to not cut a metal strip. One, you cannot cut a thick enough piece, second if you go the thinner route, it will leave the edge jagged and warped. Get yourself the pick guard that you want and look to have it chromed. There are companies that specialize in chroming plastic. That should get you that perfect super mirror finish, including black chrome as well. Show us pics if you get it done. Good luck.
Quote by FlorinC
As a professional metal fabricator, I advise you to not cut a metal strip. One, you cannot cut a thick enough piece, second if you go the thinner route, it will leave the edge jagged and warped. Get yourself the pick guard that you want and look to have it chromed. There are companies that specialize in chroming plastic. That should get you that perfect super mirror finish, including black chrome as well. Show us pics if you get it done. Good luck.

The only issue with that is the pickguard part... I'm wanting to make a start pickguard for my tele. Meaning Ive got to change the pickup mounts/holes and p/ot configuration, that's why I just wanted to make my own