Hey all. I've got a boss ME-70, and while it has served me well, I don't even come close to using all it can do, so I'm looking to replace it with a few individual, higher quality pedals. I find myself using the Wah, Chorus, and Tremolo settings on the ME-70 the most, but I've yet to find any pedals of that sort that really stick out to me. My priority in looking at a pedal is that it sounds "natural," if you know what I mean. This is mostly only a problem with distortion/od pedals, though. So, does anybody here have some recommendations to check out?

My gear, if it influences your opinion:
Marshall AVT150 (People seem to hate this amp, but I love it.)
Gibson Flying V
Ibanez EGEN8 w/ Dimarzio Evolution Bridge
Maybe your AVT is the reason why nothing sounds "natural".

That said, If I had to go out right now and get a wah/chorus/trem, I'd get a MXR CAE Wah, a Hardwire Stereo Chorus, and probably a Hardwire Tremolo, or a Rocktron Reaction Tremolo.

What is your budget?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 12, 2011,
The AVT sounds pretty natural to me, but to be fair, I've never had a chance to play with a good all tube amp. My budget is probably no more than 150 per pedal, maybe 200 if I was really in love with it. That is flexible, though.
why not try and at least play a few all tube amps? you might find something you like more
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
What would be a good place to start? Unfortunately, I don't have the most money right now, but as I said before, if I found something world changing I'd be willing to spend more than I normally would.