real guitar players do it at a 150% speed.

just kidding, good work.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Why? Seriously, why? What is the point? There's no need to ever play that fast. The increased speed makes the interlude vile as well, takes all the emotion out of it.

Your technique is really unhealthy as well. You need to loosen up, alot. I could see the veins in your right arm, and could tell it was really tensed up, and I could see that your left hand was shaking during the rhythm sections (ie. when there was no vibrato). Your fretting technique during the rhythm section needs work as well. Your wrist shouldn't be that bent, your going to injure yourself eventually like that. Work on straightening it out. Your picking technique also needs work, your strokes were really wide, alot wider than they needed to be. Your wasting alot of energy like that. Work on making them narrower, starting and ending only a few millimetres on either side of the string. You could probably pick even faster then
Quote by robhc
Why? Seriously, why? What is the point? There's no need to ever play that fast. The increased speed makes the interlude vile as well, takes all the emotion out of it.

Your technique is really unhealthy as well. You need to loosen up, alot. I could see the veins in your right arm, and could tell it was really tensed up, and I could see that your left hand was shaking during the rhythm sections (ie. when there was no vibrato). Your fretting technique during the rhythm section needs work as well. Your wrist shouldn't be that bent, your going to injure yourself eventually like that. Work on straightening it out. Your picking technique also needs work, your strokes were really wide, alot wider than they needed to be. Your wasting alot of energy like that. Work on making them narrower, starting and ending only a few millimetres on either side of the string. You could probably pick even faster then

As impressive as your speed was, I'm going to have to agree with this.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
real guitar players do it at a 150% speed.

just kidding, good work.

Thanks.

Quote by robhc

This was more of a demonstration of my speed, the point wasn't to make Master of Puppets sound better by speeding it up or anything like that.

You can see the veins on my right arm 90% of the time, it's got nothing to do with my technique. They're visible even when I'm not straining my arms.
Of course it was tensed up, it's Master of Puppets at 115% speed.
My left hand was shaking because I always get a bit nervous when I'm recording because I want to make as little mistakes as possible.
I'm not sure what gave you the idea that my "bent" wrist is going to cause me an injury, I've been playing like this since I first picked up a guitar and I never had any problems.
You're right about my picking technique, though I think that's only an issue when I'm downpicking the verse riff, as downpicking that riff is insanely hard at that speed. My strokes are pretty narrow during the intro and the chorus riff, I think.
Thanks for the criticism.

Quote by MaskedMurader23
As impressive as your speed was, I'm going to have to agree with this.

Thank you.
Good job dude. Finally someone who plays it PROPERLY! Downpicking and all!! Fierce dude. I normally hate on every cover of MoP cause its friggin like the most covered song on the planet, and it's 99% of that time done terribly, but this is the first I've liked in a long time!!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Tharantyr
T
I'm not sure what gave you the idea that my "bent" wrist is going to cause me an injury, I've been playing like this since I first picked up a guitar and I never had any problems.
You're right about my picking technique, though I think that's only an issue when I'm

The majority of people would agree that bending the your wrist on your fretting arm is bad technique, and will quite easily cause injury. When I first started playing, I bent my wrist in the exact same way you do, and I've had issues with tendinitis and RSI since.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Good job dude. Finally someone who plays it PROPERLY! Downpicking and all!! Fierce dude. I normally hate on every cover of MoP cause its friggin like the most covered song on the planet, and it's 99% of that time done terribly, but this is the first I've liked in a long time!!

Thanks man, I appreciate that.
You are ****in awesome!!
great cover
I wish i could down pick so fast..

Edit: you have a few out of tune strings
Last edited by MagicGuitarist at Jun 21, 2011,
Quote by MagicGuitarist
You are ****in awesome!!
great cover
I wish i could down pick so fast..

Edit: you have a few out of tune strings

Thanks, man. Yeah, I noticed the B string being out of tune afterwards.
I can hardly play that song at regular speed and I have to alt pick at parts. Good job
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Gibson06
I can hardly play that song at regular speed and I have to alt pick at parts. Good job

Thanks, I had to alternate pick the second riff after the solo, that riff is pretty much impossible to down pick at that speed, lol.

Quote by Ignite
We have the same guitar

Great cover. I always alternate pick it haha, I get off time when I try to down pick it all.

Thanks, man.
Down picking it is actually easier for me than alternate picking it, probably because I never alternate picked it, lol.