Ive been playing a fairly cheap ibanez grg100 for the last year or so and i feel that i would like to uprade to something like a fender standard strat and fit it with some hot rails to make it more suitable for metal. The thing is, im looking for a really smooth but equally heavy sound.

I like the shape of my current guitar, i love the colour and the 24 frets so i could fit it with some new pickups, get it cleaned and refurbished and have the action lowered to what i want.

any advice would help
I would say get a new guitar then just save a little money and customize the old one anyway.
Ever heard the expression you can't polish a turd? If you like the guitar just go to a higher end ibanez.
Quote by K Reyn
I would say get a new guitar then just save a little money and customize the old one anyway.

yh but the thing is dude. If i do that i would have to customise both anyway because i would need to pickups in the strat and getting the action lowered professionally etc
Quote by zincabopataurio
heh pwned

i would just do what the other person was saying. get the strat, mod it and then save up to mod the GRG. (i think thats what they said anyway)
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?