I need a good distortion pedal. I want my distortion to sound like lamb of gods, without the mesa-boogies(im not rich, you see). I just want a pedal thats at least similar because i just love that kind of distortion. Any recommendations? Any pedal, effect board, anything but an amp. I've got a B.C. Rich Bich, Platinum series with(im assuming) stock pickups, and Ernie Ball heavy top skinny bottom strings. I'm running it through my Yamaha B100 Tube amp(it handles distortion well, i used to have a boss ME-8 effects pedal and it sounded great). I dont want to get a new amp, i just want some kinda pedal until i can afford a new amp(which will be a long while). Thanks
Tech 21 SansAmp GT-2?

Okko Dominator?

Wampler Triple Wreck?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Triple wreck or dominator. Can't go wrong with either and you'll never have to buy another distortion pedal.
The pedals won't give you the lamb of god tone.

One of the key factors to their OD tone is the "tighter than a junkie's bum before prison" bass, and the precise and controlled character of the distortion. As far as I know, the only way to get that distortion is a Mesa Mark amp. Nothing less.

The Okko has an awesome blooming bass, but that's pretty far from a Mark amp.

The Wampler's distortion is actually based on that of a Recto... which has a very different character from that of a Mark, particularly so since the Wampler has that bass sag.

Both pedals are sweet pedal, but they won't give you the tone from a Mesa Mark.

The only way to get that LOG sound really is a Mark amp... or a modeler that has a Mark model. Just forget about the sound, until you can afford a Mark amp. Until then just dial in a gain tone you like and live with it. Don't waste money with stop gaps.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 12, 2011,
Mxr fullbore is pretty good for The $$
Tubescreamer
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
digitech hardwire metal distortion tl-2

It won't give u a Mesa Mark tone but it'll give u a nice tight metal tone. It has a loose and tight switch on the pedal. It's affordable too, $100.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Yamaha B100 tube amp? The only B100 I know of is their SS Bass amp. Photos?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ragingkitty
The pedals won't give you the lamb of god tone.

One of the key factors to their OD tone is the "tighter than a junkie's bum before prison" bass, and the precise and controlled character of the distortion. As far as I know, the only way to get that distortion is a Mesa Mark amp. Nothing less.

The Okko has an awesome blooming bass, but that's pretty far from a Mark amp.

The Wampler's distortion is actually based on that of a Recto... which has a very different character from that of a Mark, particularly so since the Wampler has that bass sag.

Both pedals are sweet pedal, but they won't give you the tone from a Mesa Mark.

The only way to get that LOG sound really is a Mark amp... or a modeler that has a Mark model. Just forget about the sound, until you can afford a Mark amp. Until then just dial in a gain tone you like and live with it. Don't waste money with stop gaps.

+infinity
EDIT: Didnt LoG use Recto's in the beeginning before switchint to the M4?
Quote by Cathbard
Yamaha B100 tube amp? The only B100 I know of is their SS Bass amp. Photos?

Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jun 13, 2011,
Quote by stykerwolf
raging kitty swoops in for the kill!

Haha...

You make it seems like I punched the nails in this coffin.

Quote by GS LEAD 5
+infinity
EDIT: Didnt LoG use Recto's in the beeginning before switchint to the M4?

Are you thinking around the New American Gospel and Burn the Palaces era? I'm not entirely sure... I'm really only familiar with Sacrament and after.

A quick wiki shows that Morton has a Triple Recto, while Willie's packing a Roadster in their rigs... probably for that riffing chunk. However, they are still more strongly associated with the Mark IV heads.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Haha...

You make it seems like I punched the nails in this coffin.

Are you thinking around the New American Gospel and Burn the Palaces era? I'm not entirely sure... I'm really only familiar with Sacrament and after.

A quick wiki shows that Morton has a Triple Recto, while Willie's packing a Roadster in their rigs... probably for that riffing chunk. However, they are still more strongly associated with the Mark IV heads.

I knew there was a recto in there somewhere......Burn sounded too fizzy to eb a Mark.....
Wrath is deffo a Mark V though.
actually, about my amp, it's ironic because i need help determining exactly what it is, the year, and how much it's worth. ill post some pics and exact model # on a new thread l8r. Thx for all the help. i think imma go with the wampler triple wreck, ive seen a lot of vids for it, truely kickass. not exactly like LoG, but what the hell i need a tone of my own right? I'll do some more research on the other pedals and make a decision. thanks for all the help. again, ill post pics and specs of my rig in another thread. when i create it, ill put the link in this thread, if any are interested. thanks.
Triple wreck is a great choice. I own one and absolutely love it. Sounds great and is highly versatile. It's worth every penny of its price.
IMO, you should just get an OD. The lamb of god tone involves very, very tight bass, and an OD would help you tighten up your bass end a lot. An ibanez TS-9 would really be your best bet here. It would tighten your bass up and you wouldn't have to spend a terribly large amount on it
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by yocomedy12
actually, about my amp, it's ironic because i need help determining exactly what it is, the year, and how much it's worth. ill post some pics and exact model # on a new thread l8r. Thx for all the help. i think imma go with the wampler triple wreck, ive seen a lot of vids for it, truely kickass. not exactly like LoG, but what the hell i need a tone of my own right? I'll do some more research on the other pedals and make a decision. thanks for all the help. again, ill post pics and specs of my rig in another thread. when i create it, ill put the link in this thread, if any are interested. thanks.

Good, you're thinking with your head. Better to have a unique tone than to cop someone else's tone. Just note that you won't have that lightning fast responses speed, so the character of songs like Redneck will sound quite different.

Quote by simpleben09
IMO, you should just get an OD. The lamb of god tone involves very, very tight bass, and an OD would help you tighten up your bass end a lot. An ibanez TS-9 would really be your best bet here. It would tighten your bass up and you wouldn't have to spend a terribly large amount on it

You have a point but not entirely. There's a difference between tight and fast bass response and tight bass. The tone that's needed for LOG is a very tight and fast bass response.

LOG uses quite a bit of bass in their sound. However, the tubescreamer has a circuit which dumps some bass.... so its not going to be quite the same.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )