Hey all.

I have a Taylor acoustic, and I noticed recently that the bottom of the peice of the neck that attaches to the body is actually becoming loose. I was kind of hysterical upon realizing this.

I can't really figure out what went wrong or why it happened. There's quite a sizeable gap there, and it effects the tuning. I'm afraid that any prolonged use might make it worse.

Now, my question is, can this be fixed? And how much might such a procedure cost me?

Also, if anyone knows, I'm very curious as to how this happened. Any ideas would help me avoid this happening again.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Take it in to a luthier. Without pics it is hard to tell the severity of the problem, but without a doubt you do not want to let this issue go. Sorry I can't be any more help.
Sounds like it could maybe be the result of string tension or the type of strings. Sometimes just a guitar's age can be a factor.

I would definitely STOP PLAYING AND TUNING THE GUITAR until you have a chance to have it repaired. You'll likely only do more damage. I would probably remove the strings all together until it was fixed. Definitely take it to a professional as soon as you can.

I'm not sure exactly how much it would cost you, that depends on the severity, like mkocian17 said. It also depends on who does the repairs, I'm sure.

Best of luck!
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
Great stuff, thanks for the advice both of you--I really do appreciate it.

For the time being I have removed the strings. It'll be hard to have a useless guitar for awhile, but.. I suppose it's for the better. Taking it to a local music store next week.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Sounds like a serious problem. But lucky for you it should be an easy quick fix since Taylor use bolt on necks. It should take 20-30 minutes to reset the neck.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28