First off, please don't redirect me to the Killswitch thread, I already posted there two weeks ago and haven't gotten a response. So here goes,
I was planning on installing a killswitch on my Jackson RR3 (old special edition type with string thru) and was all ready to do it. Then I realised, the input jack is on the opposite side of the guitar, so this completely rules out soldering the killswitch, wires, etc. to the jack. So is there another way to install the killswitch?
Specs
The guitar has two volume and two tone pots, I was planning on taking out the neck tone pot and replacing with the killswitch. The killswitch is an SPST type. I think I heard of a way to solder the killswitch, wires, etc. to a volume pot's contacts, but is there a way to have the killswitch kill the circuit on BOTH volume pots? I am more than happy to provide extra information, I'm not exactly sure what all info is needed for killswitches, so sorry if I left anything out
Quote by supersac
wire the kill switch between the jack and the rest of the circuitry?

i dont see why you cant wire it to the jack

But I can't run a wire from the jack, throught the body, and back up to the faceplate. It just wouldn't work.
EDIT: Wait, what do you mean between the jack and circuit?
Last edited by Skullivan at Jun 12, 2011,
Quote by Skullivan
But I can't run a wire from the jack, throught the body, and back up to the faceplate. It just wouldn't work.
EDIT: Wait, what do you mean between the jack and circuit?

it wouldnt work or you dont want to do it?

my bad i meant the hot and ground in the jack
it owuld be easier to help if i knew what your guitar looked like and where the jack is
? pictures ? I'm not sure I understand, the only way to wire a killswitch that I know is to solder one wire to one contact on the killswitch and the other side to a jack contact. Then solder another wire to the other contacts.