In An Effort To Optimize The Use Of Drop C, I Have Made My First Attempt To Compose Something In The Progressive Style Of Metal, I Expect Honest Feedback If Any

But For Now, All I Have is The Rhythm Guitar, and This Is Still Just The Intro
Attachments:
Alter Ego.gp5
There is no such thing as unnecessary force...as a matter of fact im using the force to type this signature
honestly, dude, this sucks. it seems like u type ramdom numbers on guitar pro and get this.

no offense by the way, its just what i think, anyway i couldnt recognize any patern a song usually has.
Honestly, it actually had some chord progressions that, if worked out correctly, would sound alright. I liked measures 22-24. The beginning could sound alright if you worked it out a bit, but too many notes just sound wrong.
for the most part i did just mess around with it, im aiming for something different

standard chords ...cliche

the standard chugging over and over with a pedal tone every 3rd or 4th note....cliche

so i figured what have i got to lose by doing somethin outside the box, even if some of it is random, not all of em can winners, but thanks for the feedback
There is no such thing as unnecessary force...as a matter of fact im using the force to type this signature
and too many songs have that "perfect" resolution....i wasnt goin for that...i love being random, even if its supposedly wrong
I didn't feel like it actually took advantage of the tuning. I converted it to Dropped D and it only lost a few notes and was still playable except a few parts.
this is really bad, I hope you're just messing round with chords rather than trying to write an actual song
It sounded different. Bad? Not really, but it sounded a bit random and all over the place, like it didn't have one main idea or key.
yeah pretty much, not every idea makes it through...but im keepin that main riff....
Last edited by UnTimely DeMise at Jun 12, 2011,
This is bad, like you didn't listen to it as you went along, just put numbers into the program and hoped it sounded alright.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
still keepin the main riff
I completely disagree with everyone, I thought this was pretty good so far. Obviously it doesn't sound great being just one guitar, but the chord progressions are interesting and I quite liked it actually. I've already imagined some ideas to go with it but you should try and come up with a lead line or melody for the chords and add some drums, add some bass and see how it sounds. The lead line in bars 25-26 was pretty sick too.

Not really expecting a return crit but if you feel like it, mind having a listen to one of my songs? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449701
Well it sounded little random.

I kinda didn't dig the bars starting from 25 to 27.

:/ I felt that the song went from sad to happy. (The song has no key?)
after goin through and comparing this to what i have now, i have to agree that this does sounnd random, and is pulling in all directions, thanks guys, even the ones who said it sucks and needs work
Nice start there! Liking the strange chords a lot, its definitely different and i could see this sounding very good with drums and bass added in. I didnt really like the fills in bars 22 and 24 though. Also, I didnt like 25-26. Sounds too random. But besides that, nice work, don't listen to these other guys...
After Much Trial And Tribulation, Here Is The 3rd Version of Alter Ego....And Yes It Is Still Just The Rhythm Guitar, And This One Is A Lot More Coherent

Thanks In Advance For Any Feedback
Attachments:
Alter Ego.gp5