Tortex
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
The one you like best IS the best when it comes to picks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^yes

plus, the super bonus is you can affordably try all 3 and make your mind up.

i only use picks made of black rhino horn when i play death metal, but that is my personal choice.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I like the Ultex jazz 3

You should go buy several different kinds of pick and see which one works best for you.
Quote by gumbilicious
^yes

plus, the super bonus is you can affordably try all 3 and make your mind up.

i only use picks made of black rhino horn when i play death metal, but that is my personal choice.

I prefer white rhino, its more common and easier to find when i drop it.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
You should try them all, but god I love the ultex sharps, so try those first I guess. you are asking for advice after all. : )
yeahh its cuz i keep on going back and fourth between the red jazz III the yellow 1.14 Ultext and the 1.14 Tortex purple. i just cant choose, soo i wanted to see other peoples views.
Agile Septor Elite 727
Peavey 6505+
I use a unique blend of unicorn horn infused with dragons blood and voodoo, but that's just me
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Quote by mattkendell
I use a unique blend of unicorn horn infused with dragons blood and voodoo, but that's just me

Real men play with picks made from the teeth of eldritch abominations from beyond space and time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Real men play with picks made from the teeth of eldritch abominations from beyond space and time.

My pick is a piece of the Star ship Enterprise.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
When playing death metal I usually don't use picks. I substitute for raisins. I find they give a real heavy tone and lead to a far more badass sound.
Where's Waldo?
Go to the store and buy as many different picks as you want, then go home and try them all out and see what you like. This is all preference, so what I like might not be what you like. I prefer Tortex Jazz 3s though. Make sure you bring about $10, you can probably buy one of every pick in the store with that.
Quote by Raijouta

Its too much hassle for the marginally improved crystal lettuce harmonics.

What you need to do it find your nearest enemy, bash open his skull, find the largest piece and shape it into a plectrum.

The hatred stemming from the pick will squeal out harmonics even before you strike a note.

Brootal!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
If you aren't using a pick made from a piece of a Viking axe you are a pussy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Just do what all deathcore bands do, smash the guitar with your fist and hope it makes some reasonable noise with some generic rythmn.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
I had the ordinary jazz 3s a few years ago and I hated them...Recently ive been using ibanez tree of life picks or something like paul gilberts picks, they have a point to them but not so abrupt like the jazz 3s. Nice picks. However (!) I just ordered some tortex jazz 3s and I love them. They feel larger than the regulars (from memory anyway) and stick to your fingers nicely. Nice point and get that scratchy/crunchy sound which I like, they also flex a tiny bit. I also ordered a v pick dimension, but that hasnt arrived. Sounds like it could be cool, but damn expensive.
I like the Tortex Jazz picks too. They give the tone of Tortex with an accuracy between the Jazz II and III.

Makes for a good substitute for when you don't have a shard of focus crystal from Xedillian's generators to play with.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
It's all preference, whichever feels best to you.

/thread.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Fingerpicking is definitely the best way to go for all styles. That way you can never say "oh noes! the pick gnomes got my pick!"
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Tortex Jazz III.

Once you go Jazz III, you won't go back.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Grawgos
I like the Ultex jazz 3

You should go buy several different kinds of pick and see which one works best for you.

That's all I use. Little f*ckers last forever...until you drop 'em.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Modded Peavey 5150 with a Custom 8 string... oh wait...

with your fingers...