http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Dave-Grohl-DG-335-Custom-Shop-Guitar-Rare-1-300-/140563955233?pt=Guitar&hash=item20ba43be21

This baby is sooo beautiful and I want one soooo bad but I have no money D:

But it's still an amazing guitar.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Meh, I'll take a regular ES-335 personally. That headstock is ugly and same with the inlays. IMHO, of course.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
The inlays are ok but the headstock doesn't belong on a hollowbody
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

no thanks
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan

Oh well, I think its ****ing rad.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
Quote by mailbox2112
Meh, I'll take a regular ES-335 personally. That headstock is ugly and same with the inlays. IMHO, of course.

BLASPHEMY

No but really I like it.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by shaggydogJV

Yup. David Grohl apparently saw Trini Lopez play one, liked it, and asked them to make him one with a TOM.

EDIT: If it's a Tune-o-Matic bridge, why can't we call it a TOMB?
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Last edited by AeolianSeventh at Jun 13, 2011,
ok, ok , nice but now check ebay for diapers to help with that pants soiling problem you have
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
gibson must be overstocked on that headstock. it looks like the jb thing.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by shaggydogJV

Dave Grohl purchased a Trini Lopez ES-335 on a tour with Nirvana. He used it on every Foo Fighters record (as he says it is his favorite guitar), and when Gibson approached him to create him a "signature guitar", he opted to create his own version of his favorite guitar since Gibson no longer made the Trini Lopez. However, the "DG 335" was discontinued in favor of a Trini Lopez reissue.
Quote by JAHellraiser
It's not that rare of a model and isn't worth that much. The metallic blue one is the only one that's really sought after. Plain black? Take $1000 off the price tag and then maybe. No certificate? Take another $500 off.
I think the head stock makes it so much better. Price tag does not seem fair though.
Your right though to each his own.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Does anyone ever listen to the Foo Fighters and think "oh, I wish I had this tone"? Not trolling, just wondering.

Always liked the look of the Trini Lopez though
^No
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by smb
Does anyone ever listen to the Foo Fighters and think "oh, I wish I had this tone"? Not trolling, just wondering.

>>

<<

Yes...

Quote by gregs1020
gibson must be overstocked on that headstock. it looks like the jb thing.

It's Agent Smith!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jun 13, 2011,
Ha! Typical Gibson. Take a guitar that would normally cost around $2,000-3,000, then change a few things here and there and put a famous name on it and BOOM! You've got yourself a $5,000 piece of beauty there! Not. If you want a Gibson that bad, just get a regular ES 335.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by smb

I do? XD
Quote by Shinozoku
It's Agent Smith!

I think that pic makes him look more like Agent Smith crossed with Quentin Tarantino in Reserviour Dogs to be honest
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by smb

Ya, I kinda wish I had a Foo Fighter... It'd be neat... I'd feed it and take care of it and everything!
Quote by Wisthekiller
Ya, I kinda wish I had a Foo Fighter... It'd be neat... I'd feed it and take care of it and everything!

I am now imagining a little pet Dave Grohl... about 8-10 inches tall... it's adorable and I want one!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Do want. But Gibson's are so overpriced I'd just rather spend half that on a regular es-335
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]