Page 1 of 2
The title says all.....twas a nice walk, I like to feel spiritually connected with nature, and notice things more, then others, I'm in Edmonton so we have woods, cities can be sometimes depressing, but luckily it's summer.

Who else likes to feel like a Viking time to time?
Did you see Slenderman? He's out there... He's looking for all of us. And he will find us. He will hunt us down, one by one, and then slowly make us obey him.

Don't ever go back into the woods.
Quote by Somekid94
Did you see Slenderman? He's out there... He's looking for all of us. And he will find us. He will hunt us down, one by one, and then slowly make us obey him.

I was just about to go to bed. I just thought, "Oh, one more thread."

You just had to, didn't you? You just had to.
I know exactly what you mean, sometimes I just walk around for ours with my battle axe by my side day dreaming of Valhalla
"Its okay if you only know three chords but God, put 'em in the right order" Hank Hill
I like walking through the city and then into the woods/countryside late at nighttime with my dog. It feels better being outside when nobody else is awake.
Quote by Somekid94

First thing I thought of when I seen this thread ... Slenderman

Get out of my head
I just got back from camping all weekend. Hell, I smell like nature even! But I do like a little nature now & then...
Pfft, slenderman is overrated. I don't get what's so scary about it. He never even tried to hurt anyone, he's just kind of there.
aren't you the guy that hates DSBM but has a DSBM project?

i live in the woods.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I wish I lived near a forest.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by theogonia777
aren't you the guy that hates DSBM but has a DSBM project?

i live in the woods.

lol funny you would make that judgement considering my earlier post on what I hate about metal, was frankly more of what pisses me off about it time to time, knowing the person I am.....Btw it's not much of a DSBM project then it is experimental, DSBM just inspired me to find more meaning into the music I write, given that logic, I hope everyone understands now before pointing fingers.
I once got lost in a rainforest for hours. I was looking for the perfect big mossy rock to sit on and listen to Terria by Devin Townsend, and every time I found one I got sick of it after 5 minutes and saw a better one in the distance.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 13, 2011,
Whenever i hear 'take a walk in the woods' all i can think about is Jesus Ranch.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
I live 50 feet away from woods and a cornfield,

I say cover it all with building's and cement, I wouldn't want to live in the city, but **** the country. There's nothing to do out there but get drunk with your underage friends, and even that's funner at home.
Quote by xStIcKsxStOnEd
Go back the 60s man,quit beimg a god damn hippie,you uh....HIPPIE!

HA, I'm 18 bro, and I hate hippies, because it's bullshit, and on that note I hate John Lennon, he has so many dirty hippy followers, he's like telling them not to shave, not to clean live outdoors, yet he lives in a ****ing mansion, and has so much money behind him, I'm glad the hippy movement failed, yet another FAILURE in american history, honestly, America is one big dictatorship, they try so hard to keep their little "PERFECT LIVES" their little perfect suburbs, to the extent they have to go bomb another country.....I'm glad I'm in Canada so you buddy can suck it.
Quote by Laprevraven
The title says all.....twas a nice walk, I like to feel spiritually connected with nature, and notice things more, then others, I'm in Edmonton so we have woods, cities can be sometimes depressing, but luckily it's summer.

If I wanted to feel like a viking, I'd go sailing, raid a coastal town, rape and pillage. Not go for a walk in the woods.
Alberta has some beautiful scenery in the summertime, and Edmonton does a decent job of keeping that connection with nature. Some cities are just concrete and smog everywhere.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Laprevraven
HA, I'm 18 bro, and I hate hippies, because it's bullshit, and on that note I hate John Lennon, he has so many dirty hippy followers, he's like telling them not to shave, not to clean live outdoors, yet he lives in a ****ing mansion, and has so much money behind him, I'm glad the hippy movement failed, yet another FAILURE in american history, honestly, America is one big dictatorship, they try so hard to keep their little "PERFECT LIVES" their little perfect suburbs, to the extent they have to go bomb another country.....I'm glad I'm in Canada so you buddy can suck it.

HE IS STILL ALIVE?!?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
The Woods > Life
I personally don't take walks but just go lie under a tree somewhere. It's awesome.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Somekid94

Quote by Laprevraven
I'm in Edmonton so we have woods, cities can be sometimes depressing

Edmonton isn't just sometimes depressing. That's being way too generous. I can understand why you'd be so excited about getting away from Edmonton for a while that you'd make a thread, don't worry about it.
i live in a tiny english town surrounded by small woodland areas and farmers fields, i moved from london when i was 10, and i seriously spent then first two weeks running around the woods pretending i was link, i even had a sword and a shield...
Luckily, where I live, there's forests out of the window. I particularly like it in the late march and may, when there are tons of flowers. There's a big plain I visit the most often and just sit there and watch and listen.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
I often go for long walks on the coast. I imagine that I will take some trips to the new forest when I get a car for some walking. I like it alot.

And there's some good pubs down there.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by Laprevraven

lol Canadians are so cute when they think they are important.
I sometimes take walks across the city. It's fun. I also like to take a bus and go somewhere, doesn't matter where - riding a public bus is fun. I like weird things
I went camping this weekend and had an epic trek around the lake with my buds, some of whom were high out of their tree. It made for quite the adventure, especially when listening to Zeppelin as the forest turns to meadow and all you can see is flowers.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Quote by stratkat
I live 50 feet away from woods and a cornfield,

I say cover it all with building's and cement, I wouldn't want to live in the city, but **** the country. There's nothing to do out there but get drunk with your underage friends, and even that's funner at home.

when your underage, you don't think there's shit to do anywhere. Seriously, every time I talk to someone who is underage and has never lived in more than one place, I hear the same thing: "the place I live is awful, there's like nothing here." I hear it from people who live in tiny-assed towns, and I hear it equally as often from people who live in such places as Charleston, Myrtle Beach, and Atlanta.

Everyone (or at least the vast majority of people) hates where they are from while they are younger then about 20.
Quote by Laprevraven

How do vikings relate to this?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Philip_pepper
lol Canadians are so cute when they think they are important.

Yeah but ethnically I'm part Serb part Norwegian lol, Idk much, but you'd be surprised how important Canada is in the world right now bud, about more then 50% of our oil goes to the US, and we have the worlds freshest water supply, and judging by facts soon the world will be looking to us for fresh water, and we'll be the ones laughing.

And to the previous comment about John Lennon, yeah he's dead, who cares I already knew that to begin with, but I didn't think you'd be a douche and start pointing stuff out just because u don't like me, but personally idk so yeah.
Quote by Woffelz
How do vikings relate to this?

It doesn't take much for me to feel like a viking considering I have it in my blood, a simple walk in the woods and I'd be chanting a few folk songs, many times I like to climb on a hill and shout stuff in the traditional Black Metal Screech on the other side of the river, the coyotes respond, so it's pretty cool for me
Page 1 of 2