Page 1 of 2
Okay so I heard from my girlfriend that the original Scooby-Doo Pilot Episode was the gang going to a Grateful Dead concert with weed smoke coming from the back of the van. I was wondering if anyone could confirm this or if anyone has seen/has a link to the episode?

Also, what are your views on how most cartoons started out as cartoons for adults, then changed their audience? I've heard many started out for adults (spongebob, sooby doo, etc)
If true, must see this.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by captaincrunk
Scooby DOOBIE Doo.

Exactly. My girlfriend's mom said that was the EXACT reason he says 'Scooby dooby doo'. Because of the pilot episode, they all thought scooby was talking, so they made him actually talk.

Quote by xStIcKsxStOnEd
Sponge bob was for adults?

Yeah. I heard from my friends Joey and John that SB was originally for adults, too.
Last edited by Beastly409 at Jun 13, 2011,
It's possible.

I'm still on the hunt for SOMEONE to come out with some kind of footage of Dexter's Rude Removal.
Quote by Beastly409
Wait, what? Dexter? Like, Dexter's Laboratory? (Lab OR A Toree. Not Labra Toree)

Yessiree.

Dexter's Rude Removal

It's very interesting, all I seem to find is a description of what happened.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Spongebob has always had bad taste puns and stuff that kids don't understand that make the parents enjoy it.
Same with Disney movies.

Yeah. In the movie Aladdin, on the balcony scene where the tiger comes out, he says 'Good teenagers. Take off your clothes.' I showed my friends and they didn't believe it. We watched it like 6 times.

Quote by Tag43

Yessiree.

Dexter's Rude Removal

It's very interesting, all I seem to find is a description of what happened.

Just did some googling. Appears no one has any recorded video. I will do some extensive searching. If I find anything, I will definitely post a new thread.
I doubt it, it was created in a time of mass focus groups of 'concerned' parents and built by committee.
Quote by JackalUK
I doubt it, it was created in a time of mass focus groups of 'concerned' parents and built by committee.

Is this in reference to the Scooby Doo pilot, spongebob, or dexter? Specify, man.

Also, It seems WIKIPEDIA had a bit of info on DRR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dexter%27s_Laboratory_episodes#Specials
Quote by blackflag49
The gang wouldn't do that

I don't know about that, I did find this.

Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by xStIcKsxStOnEd
Sponge bob was for adults?

Spongebob is slightly less interesting than watching the wall.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I think its more likely that your girlfriend is taking the piss, or whoeer told her was taking the piss, and she hasn't figured it out yet.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I think its more likely that your girlfriend is taking the piss, or whoeer told her was taking the piss, and she hasn't figured it out yet.

Okay? WTF is the piss? you make it sound like a drug.

Also, if we can ****ing put an ALIEN AUTOPSY video on youtube, why can't we see Dexter's Rude Removal?
Quote by Beastly409
Exactly. My girlfriend's mom said that was the EXACT reason he says 'Scooby dooby doo'. Because of the pilot episode, they all thought scooby was talking, so they made him actually talk.

Yeah. I heard from my friends Joey and John that SB was originally for adults, too.
Well if Joey and John said it, it must be true.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Beastly409
I've seen that episode. It was something about them finding an abandoned plane. Not weed or anything.

Oh, well then carry on.
Though I've always thought Scooby Doo and Weed were never shown with each other, just implied.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Beastly409
John usually knows his stuff. Joey, he's usually a pot head. John's into all this controversial shit, knowing a lot of things people don't learn. And a lot of things seem to check out.

Well here's the pilot info from wiki

Series pilot. While walking home from the movies Shaggy and Scooby-Doo discover an ancient suit of armor called the "Black Knight" in the driver's seat of a pickup truck, and the gang delivers it to the local museum. The kids later break into the museum to search for clues, thinking that the archaeologist who was transporting the suit may be missing, and instead find that the suit of armor may be alive.

The episode is called "What a Night for a Knight" so you should be able to find it on youtube. Remember that standards were different in the 60s/70s and I doubt a cartoon about a pot smoking dog would be allowed.

And Spongebob was thought of by a marine biology professor who later became an animator. He work on Rocko and when that ended he developed Spongebob with Nick people. So the thing that became Spongebob might have been aimed at a more adult audience (I'm not sure what survives of that) but Spongebob itself was always intended for children.

Thanks Wikipedia!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Nope, I'm afraid it's bullshit.

The very first episide of Scooby Doo was "What a Night for a Knight." and it didn't have the Greatful Dead in it, although the original idea for Scooby Doo was based around a rock band who solved mysteries in their spare time called the 'Mysteries Five', (hence the Mystery Machine) in which the dog was originaly to be called 'Too Much' and played the bongos, but no version of that ever made it to animation.
I remember that episode. Didn't know it was the pilot.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
I remember that episode. Didn't know it was the pilot.

Scooby Doo never really had a real 'pilot' episode as such. A Pilot episode is designed to be a testing ground for a possible later series, but by the time "What a Night for a Knight" was first aired, the whole series had already been animated and planned into CBS's Saturday programming.
Taking the piss - Having you on, having a laugh, joking, pulling a prank, deceiving you for amusement.

How have you never heard 'taking the piss' before? Have you never communicated with a Brit or an Aussie in any fashion?
Quote by Beastly409
Dude, just say what the **** you mean. I'm not a druggie like all the other people in the pit.

HAY TS, SOMEONE WROTE GULLIBLE ON THE CEILING
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Beastly409
Dude, just say what the **** you mean. I'm not a druggie like all the other people in the pit.

LOL

Pure comedy.
Quote by Trowzaa
HAY TS, SOMEONE WROTE GULLIBLE ON THE CEILING

did you know that bluegill is an anagram of gullible?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
did you know that bluegill is an anagram of gullible?

But it actually is?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Page 1 of 2