I am in a band in the UK and was wondering if people could offer me advice or links to the issues i am having.
Two people in the band i am in are thinking that they are going to be able to move over to america (Orlando to be specific) within this coming year and think it is easy to do so even though we are yet to even do one gig over here and havent even properly got a demo cd or album done yet. All that has uccured is that they have visited Orlando recently and have got washed up in the rock star lifestyle they have created for themselves while they were there by telling people they are big over here when they are not and thinking that it is going to be exactly like that if they move over there.
Can anybody provide any links or information about getting into america on a musicians visa and how easy it would be so that i have something to show them that it is not as simple as they think.
The singer who was in a band before thinks that he alone will get this band stardom even though most people don't even know the band he was in before hand and thinks that they will be paid hundreds of dollars a gig even in the early stages which i know to be otherwise, you are lucky if you get paid anything these days especially as a new band. Does anybody have any information about how much you get paid at gigs which will help me also.
Basically they are not in their 20's anymore, in fact they are over 50 but still seem to think we are living in the eighties when it comes to setting up a band. therefore if anybody could offer any advice or links to sites to demonstrate how difficult it is to set up a band and get popular in the music business it woulod be greatly appriciated as they seem to think it will be easy.
Thanks again for any help you may give.
Haha. There's no chance of getting signed. But if you'd like to try there's plenty of chances available in London, a closer music center to you.

As for getting a visa as a musician, you have literally no chance.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Thanks for the reply. There are 4 people in the band and myself and the another member realise how difficult it is from reading articles in magazines and books by other bands but the other two seem to have been told that via using an english solicitor they can get into america. does anybody know what they are on about?.
I'm not sure about US citizenships, but in Australia we refuse musicians visas all the time. We recently had a high profile one http://www.voltagemedia.com.au/news/2010/11/28/ne-obliviscaris-trouble-immigration-rejects-visa

As for reality, if you're that great there's many record companies in London, and is arguably as good a place to get a record deal as America. Of course to score one you should already have an established fan base, polished performances from your years of gigging, and have an image that appeals to the market demographic (not 50 year olds).

If you guys have money burning a hole in your pocket, why not record a professional EP and really publicise your band locally instead.
Soundcloud
The other two members of the band have recently gained a couple of grand which we believe would be well spent in the band for promotional purposes and for getting an EP done and also for getting better equipment to be able to go out gigging and getting a fanbase, though they seem unwilling to do so.
We are trying to get them to understand the reality of the situation and get proof that what they think will happen is not possible and try to get them to concentrate their focuses more over here first. If that won't happen and they carry on in this dream world we will be walking out of the band.
Why not watch the movie Anvil together? It's a great documentary about 50 year old has-beens still trying to get their metal band happening. Could give you some insight. Also recording some demos and sending them to an A&R company like TAXI may give guidance. For a sum they can professionally give you reviews and an insiders opinion of what your chances are of getting signed.

Alternatively research your favourite artists and see what they did before they were signed, and at what age they were signed.
Soundcloud