so, after playing for about 4 years, i think i need better equipment......so i have about $800....for around that, i can get an lp studio, or an epi lp + a decent amp......so is the epi lp comparable to the studio??? or is it just a beginner guitar? which option is better? the studio or the epi+ amp?
we need to know what amp you have now.
"The beer I had for breakfast was pretty good, so I had another."
-Cash
What equipment do you have now?
I'd say the Epiphone and the amp is the better option. The amplifier has a bigger effet on your tone than the guitar, so upgrading the amp AND guitar is your best bet here if your amp and guitar at the moment are both naff. Epiphone Les Pauls are good guitars.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
right now??well, i sold my yamaha so there is just the squier and a fernandes 15w amp....
You may want to test the Epi out in person extensively first. They have some of the most inconsistent product QC around.

$800 sorta leaves you in the middle of no where... unless you go used. $800 will get you a mid range amp that might end up being upgraded. Similarly a guitar in this range is rather average as well. If you split the budget between the amp and the guitar, you end up with sorta slightly better than entry level guitar and amp.

Can you sell the 15 watt amp, keep the Squier for the time being and get a second hand amp?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The question is, what are you trying to accomplish?

Bedroom or Gig?

What genre's do you prefer?

etc.
Quote by Arby911
The question is, what are you trying to accomplish?

Bedroom or Gig?

What genre's do you prefer?

etc.

small gigs, if any....not more than 2-300 people......
and i play blues-rock (think clapton etc...), grunge and whatever genre coldplay and snow patrol type bands belong to.....
buy a fender blues jr. It'll give u the tones you need, and then u can save up for a guitar improvement
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Get yourself a bridge humbucker for your Squier and upgrade your amp.

IMO you're better off saving your money for an HSS strat. Putting a nice pup in a squire is still only gonna make it sound decentish. The MIM strats have a little better craftsmanship/sound
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
What about Gibson Les Paul Special (with p90s)? You can get those for less than $800 (used)...