Budget: He is willing to save up, maybe, $1000
Genres: Mostly punk, looking for a decent clean tone, overdriven tone, and articulate.
New or Used: Used is preferred.
Home or Gig: Probably home, but he can play loud at home
Closest City: Lansing, MI
Current Gear: Marshall AVT150h>Marshall AVT 4x12. A variety of Boss pedals: Metal Zone, Mega Distortion, Super Overdrive, Super Chorus. And a GFS tuner. He plays a Fender Nashville Telecaster.

He is a pretty versatile guy, but I never hear him play anything harder than rock. He is tired of the muddy tone he keeps getting, so I recommended just selling the AVT stack for probably $500 or so, and saving for something better.

He is looking for a half-stack, but I told him a 2x12 would do.

Been looking at stuff like Orange, Jet City, Marshall, Traynor(sp?).

Any suggestions would be nice, he doesn't want to make another bad purchase.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Vox Night Train 50 with a 2x12
Jet City 50, Traynor 40, could look at Bugera 1990, or 333xl also
JCM900 maybe? Alot of the punk bands in my area use them.

What type of punk does he play?
Orange Rockerverb 100MKII
Orange PPC412C
Fender Telecaster: Hotrails, Air Norton, Area '58
Bass big muff
Russian big muff
Boss OC-3
Boss DD-3
Quote by DefRebelOrange
JCM900 maybe? Alot of the punk bands in my area use them.

What type of punk does he play?

That's what I was thinking.

Nothing really hardcore, like early punk style of music.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
If he gets a JCM900 I'd recommend he searches for an SL-X, they're much nicer than the other ones.

Orange Rocker 30 / Rockerverb 50 both do his style of stuff really well. Or a Thunder 30 but not sure if there'll be one used around anywhere in the US yet.

Frankly I'd talk him into selling his wide collection of crappy boss distortions as well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
If he gets a JCM900 I'd recommend he searches for an SL-X, they're much nicer than the other ones.

Orange Rocker 30 / Rockerverb 50 both do his style of stuff really well. Or a Thunder 30 but not sure if there'll be one used around anywhere in the US yet.

Frankly I'd talk him into selling his wide collection of crappy boss distortions as well.

^same, he hardly uses them, but he seems to have some passionate love affair with them. Has some little booklet with their full line of products. :P

I will look into the Orange amps as well.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90