Poll: Do you Believe in ghosts?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you Believe in ghosts?
Yes
71 23%
No
192 61%
Not sure
51 16%
Voters: 314.
Page 1 of 7
one lives in the darkest corners of my mansion.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
no
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
I believe that Casper is the ghost of Richie Rich.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I don't know. It would certainly make the world a bit more interesting. But I guess not.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Why not. I want to believe in some paranormal phenomena. So why not ghosts? And aliens.

Well aliens are a given, in an infinite number of worlds we clearly can't be the only planet with life forms of any sort.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Well aliens are a given, in an infinite number of worlds we clearly can't be the only planet with life forms of any sort.

Yeah, I do assume we are not alone. Seems rather impossible
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Where do you get all these?

From hell.
No. It's pointless to believe in them seen as all it would do is scare the shit out of me.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
Where do you get all these?

his anal cavities

(tumblr)
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Check this link out!

No, I don't believe in ghosts. I used to, but not today, I can't trust that "ghost pictures" haven't been tampered with in any way.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Not really sure, but there are scientific reasons behind many of them:
- Infrasound: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound
- Our brain making up stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people#Scientific_explanations

Science, y u ruin da fun?

EDIT: Yes, and that craced article is good as well. It covers the first one in my list here...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jun 13, 2011,
Yeah. Some have blue coins inside of them.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
No, I don't.

But seriously, everytime this thread is made, someone has to be a twat and start an argument. So I will be watching this thread for a little while to see who the two geniuses are that start an internet fight.
I am a ghost, therefore I believe in myself.

trollface.jpg
Originally Posted by KamiKaze_fightr
as this was an obvious reference. i would like to say, there is a difference between a french woman yelling shit, and a woman yelling french shit, for some reason i picture that getting sigged xD lol
Patrick - Swayze in Ghost
Bruce Willis - The Sixth Sense
Nearly headless nick, the bloody baron etc.

Anyone else name some famous ghosts?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"

i just found this

idgaf if it's off topic, this is the closest place i can post it
there is a reality show where the host is able to communicate with people that past away.
I forgot the name, the host is a woman that coloured her hair :s
the show is pretty convincing
Quote by toine
there is a reality show where the host is able to communicate with people that past away.

where? i'm kinda skeptical. most of them are scam artists taking advantage of people who are vulnerable by using cold reading and other techniques.
No

Ghosts = domestic version of the god of the gaps

They're not a real answer, they contradict everything we know about science, there's never been any evidence directly pointing toward them, they're just an easy answer for anything a bit weird that we don't have a proper answer for.

Except instead of trying to answer the mysteries of existence like religion does, it tells us why that spoon isn't where we left it.

That's what really annoys me about ghost stories, if you ever try to debunk one you find yourself speculating about the most banal things imagineable.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 13, 2011,
Nah... I think it's natural for us humans to blame certain noises etc. on the paranormal, but usually it's when we're at our most paranoid. It's amazing what the human brain can do.

When the human brain ceases to function, so does the consciousness of that human being. There is no convincing evidence otherwise.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by toine

Because if it's on tv then it must be true
Quote by whalepudding
No

Ghosts = domestic version of the god of the gaps

They're not a real answer, they contradict everything we know about science, there's never been any evidence directly pointing toward them, they're just an easy answer for anything a bit weird that we don't have a proper answer for

Except instead of trying to answer the mysteries of existence like religion does, it tells us why that spoon isn't where we left it

Even things we have the answer for, mind you.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by toine

Those shows are disgusting. Learn a bit about cold reading and similar techniques, and it'll become pathetically, infuriatingly obvious that that's all they're doing.
Quote by sfaune92
Even things we have the answer for, mind you.

Indeed. Sleep paralysis probably being the main one. It really irritates me when people start claiming that science can't explain their experience, when a google search could have done it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 13, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
where? i'm kinda skeptical. most of them are scam artists taking advantage of people who are vulnerable by using cold reading and other techniques.

i found it: Lisa Williams Life Among the Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVIx-8dWtJM
and her live acts, where i don't think everybody in the audience is in on it :s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz5YTtoTD-w&feature=related

but yeah, since it's tv i don't really believe it. unless she would be able to do those things with me
Last edited by toine at Jun 13, 2011,