I did an 800 metre run at school today and ever since, while singing, i've been getting a pain in the right of my chest. i keep myself very fit ( do competitive swimming) and i did it in 3 mins flat
can anyone think of any reason why i'm get the pains?

just to add before i get any comments i am a guy
Being a nursing student who used to work on a pulmonology department I can tell you it could be pneumothorax. Go to the doctor if the pain doesn't stop, he will tell you to do x-rays to check if it's an actual pneumothorax.
Quote by Poglia
Being a nursing student who used to work on a pulmonology department I can tell you it could be pneumothorax. Go to the doctor if the pain doesn't stop, he will tell you to do x-rays to check if it's an actual pneumothorax.

That's a bit extreme. I would guess that your lungs were not used to working that way and the muscles around that help your lungs expand and contract are tired. Have you ever ran then later you couldn't laugh without coughing? Same exact thing. Just take it easy unless it gets really painful then go to the doctor.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
like i said, i do competitive swimming, so i don't think it's the lungs not using to working that way, and that pneumothorax does seem quite extreme
Sounds to me like you ran yourself out of breath and you did the same when you were singing. Trying taking more breaths and do not run yourself out of breath. Id hope thats all it is I used to get pains like that for but only for a few seconds when i would sing all my breath away, Not how you sing. remember no pushing