I've got a Marshall AVT150 Head and a Marshall cab, and I honestly have to say it doesn't sound good at all. This is the first thing I've used that wasn't an SS combo amp or a modeling like my 75 watt Spider III. I don't know very much about amps and wanna know what's a good one to get? And why this amp sounds like crap? I play in a cover band, but I have a Peavey Wolfgang and play a lot of Van Halen and whatnot.
it's just not that good, and it's like 99% solid state. the valve is a gimmick.

I know that's not what you want to hear, and I take no pleasure in telling you (i used to have the 100 watt combo), but that's more or less the gist of it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it's just not that good, and it's like 99% solid state. the valve is a gimmick.

I know that's not what you want to hear, and I take no pleasure in telling you (i used to have the 100 watt combo), but that's more or less the gist of it.

kinda is what I need to hear, got any suggestions for a new amp?
yeah we need a budget- also a location (country), so we know what stuff is good value where you are and which stuff isn't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i haven't tried it, but splawn maybe? they're meant to do the hot rod marshall thing really well.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes a splawn would be good... i'd maybe go used so you can fit in a cab though.

The avt cabs are garbage too if thats what you got.
Blackstar is coming out with 50 watt series 100 for like 1399.00, take a look at that. If it fits your needs, that will plenty for a cab.