Tholus - Constant

Ok, to put it mildly I've been kind of excited about this band/album for a few weeks, and since my copy arrived today I'm obviously too excited not to make a thread on them.

Over-the-top drumming, complex song structures, odd time sigs, lots of tasty leads, a few fretless bass solos here and there, sci-fi, space, Mars conspiracies... if these are among your turnoffs, now's the time to exit this thread. Also, if you're hoping for another run-of-the-mill tech death band... don't.

Without further ado:

http://www.myspace.com/tholus1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQuDlsllYQA
Never heard of 'em before, but I appreciate the fact that they don't just play blindingly fast, and that its more the songwriting that's technical than the playing, although the playing is good too. Not bad.
I listened to this album like a year ago I remember really liking it, I'll have to give a spin later on today to see if it still holds up to what I once thought.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Lolwut, like deathcore? Where, might I ask? The few parts with some tweaked vocal bits in the song I posted?

I do hear minor grindcore influence in some of their songs, but that has nothing to do with deathcore. Or do I just have a different view on what deathcore is?
The riff at 0:43 would sound perfectly at home in an Animosity song. The vocals also aren't too far off from deathcore. I certainly don't mean bullshit like Chelsea Grin, but more "respectable" deathcore. At the very least, it doesn't remind me of typical death metal, and it's absolutely very good stuff. The drumming is ridiculous, and everything about it just has this weird feel that's pretty interesting.
Already a thread.

It was mine and it got zero posts. Regardless, kind of cool band. Not sure if I'd listen to them on a constant basis by any means.
Where'd my post go?

Oh well:
Quote by severed-metal
Already a thread.

It was mine and it got zero posts.
Sorry bud, searched 'em a few times and only got the old Now Playng thread.
Quote by severed-metal

Not sure if I'd listen to them on a constant basis by any means.
No pun intended?

This band is a bit hard to swallow it seems, but for some reason they've really clicked with me. Infact, I'm fairly certain I'm the reason their youtube vids are most popular in Finland out of all the world, haha.
Quote by MustangMan311
The riff at 0:43 would sound perfectly at home in an Animosity song. The vocals also aren't too far off from deathcore. I certainly don't mean bullshit like Chelsea Grin, but more "respectable" deathcore. At the very least, it doesn't remind me of typical death metal, and it's absolutely very good stuff. The drumming is ridiculous, and everything about it just has this weird feel that's pretty interesting.
Fair enough. They're not typical DM, can't argue with that.
Not really into this style of tech death, but at least it has some teeth unlike allot of techy bands.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Yeah, that explains it.

Also, don't even remember that they've got all those sweet solos in it?

Listen to the song I posted from three-fiddy onwards, all the way to the end fo dat shit.