My LTD has a set of Duncan Designed HB-102s, coil tapped humbuckers in the neck and bridge position. Before people start commenting on the quality, I know a lot of people don't like them, but they work well with my style, tone and the rest of my set up. I want to get one (if not a set) of these to put in my SG to normalise the differences in output levels and gain responses between the two guitars, but I can't find ANYONE who sells the damn things?

If you have some, or if you know an online store or an actually guitar shop in/near Bristol UK, PLEASE get back to me!!
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
I bet you'd like the real versions better (SH-4/SH-2N). The HB102 set is basically the JB/Jazz setup. It's like $130 on any music site.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I bet you'd like the real versions better (SH-4/SH-2N). The HB102 set is basically the JB/Jazz setup. It's like $130 on any music site.

Probably yeah, I have looked at them but the price difference between Seymour's and Duncan Designed I imagine is quite big.. But obviously I wouldn't know, as I can't find anywhere that sells them :/

I don't have much of a budget really as I don't have a job right now, I'm kind of hoping my birthday later this week will be able to gimme a hand towards it.

I wouldn't normally cheap out, but I know I like the HB-102 from my LTD for the past year or so.
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

Quote by oneblackened

This.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I don't know if they sell the Duncan Designed ones individually. You might be able to find a pair that someone's ripped out of their guitar on eBay or Craigslist, but past that, I couldn't tell you. In all honesty, though, go for the actual SD's. If you like the Duncan Designed ones, you'll love the real thing.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by makutoid
Probably yeah, I have looked at them but the price difference between Seymour's and Duncan Designed I imagine is quite big.. But obviously I wouldn't know, as I can't find anywhere that sells them :/

I don't have much of a budget really as I don't have a job right now, I'm kind of hoping my birthday later this week will be able to gimme a hand towards it.

I wouldn't normally cheap out, but I know I like the HB-102 from my LTD for the past year or so.

The reason you can't find them for sale is that IIRC they're only made for factory use only, usually in the factory itself. They're made using the Seymour Duncan license, but it still would seem that genuine Duncans blow them off the table.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I'll have a look at the prices of the SH-4, but I have a feeling they aren't gonna be anywhere near within my price range :/ I've checked eBay a load of times for the duncan designed ones, barely ever show up and only ever extortionate postage from the US unfortunately.. Not really too keen on paying £20+ for postage of a small, lightweight package but let's not go there :P

I'll check out the SH
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

Pretty sure Duncan Designed pickups are OEM only. You might find someone selling second hand ones on eBay or something, I remember selling the set out of my Jagmaster for around $30 AUD.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I think they did sell them to retail at one point.
Not now though
I can see why, they're rubbish for cheapo guitars.
consecutive e and the_unforgiven are right. duncan designed pups are designed by duncan and licensed to a guitar maker. the reason you can't find them is because they are only for OEM (i am sure that is part of the license agreement as a 'no-compete' clause).

so if you want a set of duncan designed pups you would have to try and contact a company with a license and try to get em from the OEM through them but i doubt they are allowed to sell them as parts unless you can show you need them as replacement parts for one of their factory models.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by coolstoryangus
I think they did sell them to retail at one point.
Not now though
I can see why, they're rubbish for cheapo guitars.

You know what, it really annoys me when I ask a question unrelated to preference and make a point of saying that it's my choice, and there's still people like you who feel the need to be an ass about it. Nice one.

I've looked into the SH-4, SH-2n sets and they look/sound really cool, just a bit optimistic to say I'll be able to pay £120+ for them.. But it's an ambition I suppose Thanks to those who've actually helped rather than being a child.
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

oh you're in the UK?

personally i'd avoid duncans... certainly the designed ones. there are plenty of nicer, cheaper pickups available. tonerider, maybe, or irongear (haven't tried those, just going by what i've heard).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?