If it has the bird inlays, what does that make it?

I know some models have birds, and others have regular dots...whats the diff?

Reason: There's one on my Local Craigslist, seller doesnt know what he's selling, but its a PRS with bird inlays, for $550

thanks!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
The inlay doesn't really reflect on a PRS's price very strongly. However, what I suspect is going on here is that it's a PRS SE - the newer SE models have bird inlays. IIRC some of the cheaper "true" PRS's like Mira and Starla have a few in their ranks with the birds, but I'm not too sure.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Its a grainy, horrid photo but here yaGO
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Ok it doesn't seem to be an SE as I can't come up with an SE Custom model with the birds and that finish. IF it's a real PRS it's a crazy steal, but it might well be a fake. I'd ask for a serial number first and contact PRS to find out if it's real.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
I think it's just a $200 option. They also have two neck styles (wide/thin) that are options. And I believe they are moons, not dots if it matters. The higher end models are usually all birds.
Hmmmmm looks rather sus what with the lack of a HSC or even a proper box,

I would stay away.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Get better pics, serial and if those look alright, go take a look at it
Looks fake. The bridge pickup looks really far away from the bridge.

Compare to:
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jun 13, 2011,
That is a fake PRS. Stay away. Trust me I've owned a few PRS guitars in my day and that is a fake The stop tail/pickup configuration is a dead give away. Besides it has a Cardboard box instead of a case. The SE line is the only PRS that doesn't come with a case. You can go on Tradetang and get them all day long for $300 with shipping.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Notice it says " it says Paul Reed Smith on it" not it a PRS Custom 22/24. Red Flag
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The higher end PRS have bird inlays and the 25th Ann SE Custom 24s (which does come with a soft case btw)
I would get a pic of the serial number, looks dodgy.
There is one model, and I can't think of what it is, that actually has bats in flight on the neck. My lead guitarist has it.
Quote by Robbgnarly
You can go on Tradetang and get them all day long for $300 with shipping.

WOW! I had no idea shit like that existed. How do they get away with that? I think every guitar ever made has been faked and is for sale on that site.

I have a fake SM57 that sounds great, I always wondered where it came from. After seeing the 1000000000000 of them on that site. I think I know.

Thanks for opening my eyes to the ease in which these kinds of things are obtained. I don't think I will ever buy anything off the internet again.
Quote by Bulldoxide
There is one model, and I can't think of what it is, that actually has bats in flight on the neck. My lead guitarist has it.

That's the PRS SE Paul Allender Signature.
Gear:

Ashton AG200,