ive been having ridiculous amounts of buzz ever since i moved into a new house(possible cause?)

here's the crazy part, both of my amps do it, with multiple guitars, cables, power cables, and outlets.

there is no buzz at all when there's no cable in the input jack of the amp. when i do have a cable in and i touch the shaft(ground) of the cable a bit of the buzz goes away(same thing with touching the strings or anything else attached to the ground in the guitar obviously).

when my guitars volume is down theres no buzz at all. at full volume its nearly as loud as the guitar itself and at half volume its even louder.

i also noticed that if you lightly touch any part of the guitar thats grounded it gives you a slight shock thats almost unnoticable, similar to the sensation of licking a nearly dead 9v battery.

both my line 6 spider valve and bugera 6260 head do it with multiple outlets(the line 6 even does it at different houses, not sure about the bugera)

i moved into a new house about 4-6 months ago and ever since ive had a little bit of buzz thats been getting progressively worse and now its just intolerable.

is it possible that ive been playing through an outlet that wasnt grounded properly and that damaged the amps?

the spider started breaking down after i moved in as well, the master volume pot and the modulation pot both went out at the same time and now only work as long as their pushed up.

sorry for the wall of text but can somebody help me fix this?
Quote by mysterion2112

i moved into a new house about 4-6 months ago and ever since ive had a little bit of buzz thats been getting progressively worse and now its just intolerable.

is it possible that ive been playing through an outlet that wasnt grounded properly and that damaged the amps?

the spider started breaking down after i moved in as well, the master volume pot and the modulation pot both went out at the same time and now only work as long as their pushed up.

This.

I mean, is it an older house? There could be larger issues an electrician should take a look at. Otherwise, get a power conditioner. There are Monsters, Furmans and APCs for under $100.
Have you tried using different cables? At first I thought about a loose wire in your guitar, but since you tried different guitars that's probably not the problem. My amp has a light buzz when it's in some types of wallplugs, so I guess you should try out different ones without extension chords. Sorry for my crappy English but I only know the dutch words for all that electric stuff. Good luck!
If it's happening with each amp then that'd suggest that it's not a fault with the amps, or it's unlikely to be. Get the in-house electrics checked, there may be an underlying issue with grounding or something that's gone without notice.
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
It can also be that your power outlets aren't grounded properly when it's an older house. A friend of mine had this problem when they started rehearsing in his grandmother's basement.

So get the in-house electrics checked out and if it still buzzes you might wanna have someone take a look at your amps. But it would be really weird that both your amps have the same problem because of the moving.
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Martin OM-1 (acoustic)
^must be this, i've noticed that when i play at home my ibby gets pretty bad noise sometimes, but i'll play it at a store or someone else's house with the exact same gear and its 100% noise free
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
+1000 on the power conditioner/surge protector.

i bought an APC unit on black friday that is huge, its got a huge backup battery to it, surge protection with $75,000 in insurance if you fill the card out, and it conditons and everything is quiet. you would be suprised how loud i can crank my splawns (yes i run them in stereo) with dead silence when the volume on the guitar is off.

also even if it is bad electrical in your house you should have a power conditioner and surge protector anyways.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/