I never really write poetry, I write songs, but this kinda just came out. Just came to me, wrote it in like two minutes. Lemme know what you think

Yesterday
I found myself
Tired and alone
Yet I looked into a mirror
And I saw you

Today
I blindly assumed
That I would see you
When I looked in the mirror
But you weren't there

Tomorrow
If I shall wake
I want to see you
No longer in the mirror
But in person
I am no poet myself nor do i write a lot of lyrics or poems. However I would think that adding a regular rhythm would make it sound better. But maybe that is just me.

EDIT.
Sorry nevermind, there is a regular rhythm i just counted wrong.
Last edited by Tangerineseeker at Jun 13, 2011,
It's quite moving. I'm astonished you wrote this in two minutes.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Describes how I feel sometimes as well. I think it sounds fine the way it is...
C4C... deal?

I am friendly, so to anyone who is reading this... don't be afraid to comment and befriend me

P.S. You can be as harsh as you want when critisising... I enjoy the truth!!
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far awa-

Nope, wrong song... Sorry... Cool poem man! Short and sweet will always be number one to me.
Very nice, man. Most good poems/songs are the ones that randomly come to you and are written in like under 5 minutes
"Love everything. Know nothing."

"What do you mean 'do you even know how to play bongo drums?'?! Do I not have hands?! And pot?!"
thanks everybody, im glad some random two minutes could provide enjoyment for you haha
It definitely shows that it came to you whole. The flow is great and the focus is sharp. I dig it.
To me it is not quite descriptive enough but it is good none the less.