So i wrote this song, it's very different from what i usually write (mostly metalcore) So there was no influence when i wrote it. Now im not sure what genre it is

So let me know what you think of the song in general & what genre you think it is

I'll C4C as best i can
Attachments:
Digitally Playd..gp5
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
Quote by Tarbosh
That's definitely metalcore.

At least it ain't generic , right? lol
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
Actually it's almost like prog. without being in Drop B and using crazy time signatures. So it's almost like progressive metalcore. Over all it sounded pretty sweet. The drums were very repetitive but not in a good way. The snare hits every half a beat were very annoying to say the least.

EDIT: C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27419045#post27419045
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Jun 13, 2011,
I thought it was alright, there were some really cool parts and then there a few sections which I thought just didn't sound good.

I wasn't a fan of the intro, that might be personal preference, but it gets better at bar 9. The bass fills are pretty cool throughout though. The section starting at bar 36 is a bit of a mess to be honest. I think I know what you were trying to get at but it needs some work. The first two bars of the phrase are fine but the third bar doesn't sound good. Well listening again that four bar phrase sounds good apart from the third bar, so you should change that, in my opinion.

I quite enjoyed the solo though, just had a nice feel even if it wasn't the most original. And that short breakdown worked well. The chorusy kinda section that starts at bar 60 was nice, I liked the chords, it would've been nicer if you expanded on it more instead of going back to that other section. Outro was alright, I think it could be better but it still works fine.

Not bad, but some parts could do with some work which would make the song so much better.

c4c? Listen to v18 since that's the newest version https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449701
As far as genre goes, it kind of walks the fine line between post hardcore and metalcore.

The intro was decent, but bars 5-8 felt odd. The riff at 9, though, was great, definitely my favorite in the piece- lots of groove. The metalcore influence makes itself very apparent at bar 16, and even approaches deathcore with the half-diminished 7th arpeggio after that first bass fill. The riff at 36 is alright, kind of thrash-y, but the dotted eighths make it feel weird. Not bad, though.

The solo came in too early, IMO, as though there wasn't enough song prior to it to really justify a lead part- this can be made to work well if it's a melody driven solo, but it's just a shred-fest, which is fine if done right, but like I said above, not enough song to make a shred solo appropriate. Can't say I'm fond of the build to the solo, either. Really sudden, jarring, and out of place considering the nature of the rest of the song.

The rhythm at 60 feels upbeat, and happy, while the harmonic content of the chords doesn't- it's a really odd sound, but once the thing gets going, it's not bad. I'd change the top note of the chord at 63 from a G to a D, so the chord is x887xx, just sounds better IMO, and kills the redundancy present because of that high G being the melody note two bars in a row. This section could be really good with a clean vocal melody on top.

The re-intro felt too sudden, although some of that is alleviated if you just cut bar 76.

That's all I have, C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445102